Disallow the useage of RENTAL cars for commiting crime.

Quite simple suggestion, add a rule to prevent abuse of those vehicles, mainly due to the fact that those vehicles de-spawn, and have no plate for cops to follow on unlike in real life every leased or rented car has a proper plate. My suggestion is simple, but on one hand prevents abuse on the other a thief (thieves) would have to either steal a car or use their own to commit a crime. On the other hand, if they use a properly labeled car which is not RENTAL cops can pursue an investigation in attempts to find the culprit(s) which is creation of Roleplay for players.

Yes, I thought of this after I was robbed by a duo, I took the L, but I heavily dislike that they used a stolen RENTAL car that the cop attempted to use to find the thieves, but it de-spawned before she managed to get anything and since there is no proper plate, impossible to get owner, moreover, cop was waiting on Admins to get that information.

After I mentioned that fact to the duo, they went ahead and stole my car, which I did not object, as two armed men pointed a gun at me, would be stupid trying anything. They stole the car, but their arrival was done using a RENTAL they stole. Which leaves no ends to follow.

Edited by Vash Baldeus

No? Rented vehicles are literally the vehicles that are used in crime all time. Right now the server gives you 4 choices if you want to pick a vehicle to use in crime: 1) buy one and have it registered on your name (very unreasonable to use it in crime), 2) buy one and don't register it (risk that you're pulled over prior to the crime), 3) rent one (safest option), 4) steal one (risky). I honestly don't see anything wrong with using rental vehicles, and if anything it's only realistic.

Rentals are a big part of illicit activities IRL for the fact that it isn't directly tied to your name/address. You can obviously see the appeal in using a rental for a crime and you even pointed out it's uses. Typically it goes back to the company and then you search whatever to make your case. I currently don't see it as a problem considering the amount of rentals used for crimes isn't a problem, atleast from what I see IG. Most of the time you only get a rental when you make a new character. I think some simple guidelines of what you can or can't do with a rental should be added. Otherwise it just looks like a normal player report.

2 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

No? Rented vehicles are literally the vehicles that are used in crime all time. Right now the server gives you 4 choices if you want to pick a vehicle to use in crime: 1) buy one and have it registered on your name (very unreasonable to use it in crime), 2) buy one and don't register it (risk that you're pulled over prior to the crime), 3) rent one (safest option), 4) steal one (risky). I honestly don't see anything wrong with using rental vehicles, and if anything it's only realistic.

2 minutes ago, yungskywalker said:

Rentals are a big part of illicit activities IRL for the fact that it isn't directly tied to your name/address. You can obviously see the appeal in using a rental for a crime and you even pointed out it's uses. Typically it goes back to the company and then you search whatever to make your case. I currently don't see it as a problem considering the amount of rentals used for crimes isn't a problem, atleast from what I see IG. Most of the time you only get a rental when you make a new character. I think some simple guidelines of what you can or can't do with a rental should be added. Otherwise it just looks like a normal player report.

The issue is, that even IRL rented vehicles have proper plates, and rental companies have records who rented the car (even if it was with fake ID). So, either a rule or change the way Rental cars are spawned.

Just now, Vash Baldeus said:

The issue is, that even IRL rented vehicles have proper plates, and rental companies have records who rented the car (even if it was with fake ID). So, either a rule or change the way Rental cars are spawned.

Well then suggest the change to rentals rather then suggest something that's meant to outright ban the only realistic approach to committing crimes lol

27 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

Well then suggest the change to rentals rather then suggest something that's meant to outright ban the only realistic approach to committing crimes lol

I've got good business getting transportation for illicit dealings, so not sure where you're getting the idea that it's the "only" realistic approach.

That said, I support the suggestion, even if I have a bit of bias in doing so. Crimes shouldn't be untraceable because of an OOC code loophole. I'm also pretty sure it counts as using an exploit, much the same as when someone finds out how to glitch the serial number off of a legal PF - it can be justified that the numbers are being filed off IC, but it is not an intended gameplay mechanic, and is thus an exploit.

Edited by DasFroggy
12 minutes ago, arandomgamer said:

And does the Rental company give a car without doing any background check at all?

Usually (at least in my country) they ask you to have a credit card to be able to rent a vehicle and give them some data.

14 minutes ago, arandomgamer said:

And does the Rental company give a car without doing any background check at all?

Actually, no. They do not run any background checks because it's a waste of time. Most of rental companies place GPS/other trackers in their vehicles, so that they can be retrieved + they'd usually ask you to surrender something in collateral (i.e. leave your passport). That's why it's very favored by criminals, because with the usage of fake ID cards they can easily gain access to vehicles, that cannot be directly traced back to them.