What’s something in GTA:W that you have found interesting?

nardo

Coming over from LSRP back then - definitely the options and support for civilian roleplay both in terms of general features such as a functioning social media and lively city with regular events and openings as well as the entire business script and economy. One is able to work as a simple cashier at a 24/7, employee at any kind of player-owned business and the potential for one to start their own business and make their ideas reality. May this be a club, café, pawn shop, security company or more nieche areas such as a pharmacy, electronics store and the likes. There was more than cops and robbers or dull script jobs.

Edited by orca112
5 hours ago, Stanty said:

Actual employees in 24/7 stores and gas stations. Used to always NPC cashiers and gas station workers on any other server before joining GTA World.

I always used to roleplay self-service. Just felt awkward powergaming NPC cashiers.

FiveRP had the 24/7 system a while ago, but GTA:W's version was definitely a huge improvement over it.

Civilian advancements in RP. 

I came from NGRP, LSRP and owned a FiveM server for a period of time.. I have to say, coming into GTA World while I am typically only an LEO RP'er (surprising right?).. starting out as a civilian and doing around five hundred to a thousand hours of pure civilian RP? The world was your creation in the sense. Any business you wanted to do? You had the chance to if you had a good set of RP skills and background for it. A lot of servers purely focus on emergency services and that's that - however, on GTA World there is genuinely a "civilian" player base that have nothing to do with anything on the Illegal side or Legal Side.. this server is vastly different from a "Cops and Robbers" coverup of Heavy RP like some former SAMP servers that we shall not name. 

There are no restrictions at all in reality either for civilian RP - sure, you have to apply for a business or property.. or you had to buy some extra furniture slots.. but the world is literally yours.. You do what you want.. Want to be a homeless dude? Feel free. Want to RP a crazy activist for politics? Sure why not. Want to RP some beat down druggie that wants to continue shooting up? Sure, go for it.. It is up to your own creation, the server only limits some scripting features. 

Your friendly doughboy,

Pillsbury

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2021 at 2:15 AM, Pillsbury said:

Civilian advancements in RP. 

I came from NGRP, LSRP and owned a FiveM server for a period of time.. I have to say, coming into GTA World while I am typically only an LEO RP'er (surprising right?).. starting out as a civilian and doing around five hundred to a thousand hours of pure civilian RP? The world was your creation in the sense. Any business you wanted to do? You had the chance to if you had a good set of RP skills and background for it. A lot of servers purely focus on emergency services and that's that - however, on GTA World there is genuinely a "civilian" player base that have nothing to do with anything on the Illegal side or Legal Side.. this server is vastly different from a "Cops and Robbers" coverup of Heavy RP like some former SAMP servers that we shall not name. 

There are no restrictions at all in reality either for civilian RP - sure, you have to apply for a business or property.. or you had to buy some extra furniture slots.. but the world is literally yours.. You do what you want.. Want to be a homeless dude? Feel free. Want to RP a crazy activist for politics? Sure why not. Want to RP some beat down druggie that wants to continue shooting up? Sure, go for it.. It is up to your own creation, the server only limits some scripting features. 

Your friendly doughboy,

Pillsbury

I will say this: civilian roleplay is a lot better now than it was years back, when they would mostly just stand around doing nothing but waiting and watching people do something.

Before joining GTA:W, I've only played in a couple of RP servers in MTA and SAMP. In all of those servers it as so hard to find a regular job/civilian job, whatever you wanna call it, compared to this server. Mostly it was people RPing around Idlewood stacks and most of the times it was subpar. Here, as mentioned above, it's easy to find civilian jobs, like being a store clerk, a multitude of both server owned and player owned businesses. There is a variety of options to make money rather than having to abuse the trucking script or joining PD/FD/SD or one of the illegal faction to make money.

• Wuhtah locked this topic