Add option for monthly vehicle insurance

Stoned Ape

Short description: Add option to have monthly (31 days) insurance bills when you buy a new vehicle, go to DMV or call 207.

Detailed description: Have insurance that can just be billed monthly so we don't have to manually renew it every time it runs out.

Commands to add: N/A

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? QoL

Additional information: To address the "what if someone goes inactive and keeps getting billed?", you only limit it to 1 month so when they finally become active again, they only get charged for 1 month.

Edited by heat465
19 minutes ago, Yoak said:

i'd really advise following the format -

also I don't really get what you're suggesting?

They're basically suggesting to turn the insurance into how it is IRL. You don't just say "Yanno what I want my insurance for 3 days". Make a plan/contract for insurance that constantly renews. It'd actually help, because occasionally the message your insurance is out actually bugs and you drive around with no insurance having no clue. 

22 minutes ago, Yoak said:

I believe he's attempting to suggest being able to insure your car multiple times. Insured my car for 10 days last night, tried to call again and insure it for 30, wouldn't work. It's capped at how long you can insure your vehicle. 

2 hours ago, Yoak said:

Changed to the proper format, thanks for telling me I forgot lol

And my suggestion is that irl when you get insurance on a vehicle, you will always have insurance on that vehicle until you decide to cancel your insurance or do not/cannot pay the bill.  irl you don't get called every month by the insurance company saying "hey there, you got 1 day left, care to renew your insurance?", that'd be widely inconvenient for everyone involved so instead you just buy a insurance plan and pay a monthly premium to keep your insurance.

Don't know, man. My insurance just gives me a heads up a week before it runs out, through a text message and an e-mail. It's really not needed, it takes 20 seconds to re-insure your car. Personally, I insure vehicles in game for one day and re-insure them the next.