Overhead bubble text.

Earlll

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the amount of text that goes around during roleplay, especially in environments like active businesses, big scenes with tens of people involved, or even as something as basic as four dudes chilling together, I find it really hard to see how this will be efficient, you'd end up just having your entire screen clogged up with tens of these bubbles.

Overall, against this, even if it does get implemented, I can imagine you'd find yourself finding this more as a nuisance that takes up most of your screen than something that'd end up being useful in any roleplay scenario with more than two or three people involved.

On 7/12/2021 at 3:06 AM, Dominic said:

As long as this is completely optional and 100% scripted to be disabled, I don't see a reason as to why not. I personally would not use this as I feel it would be awful to look at, but if it helps other players who struggle with heavy conversation, it's a plus in my book.

Hello!

As Dominic mentioned above, If it would be optional, toggleable and the current chat system wouldn't be affected, then I'd like to support it.

It would be great, if it wouldn't be limited to just "chat only (white text)".

It could display /me /do /ame, etc, like we see them, in the current chat system.

TL;DR: Configurable mini chat boxes above-over character's head, like the [...] icon we have.

As for how it could be useful:

The current system displays everyone's message in a radius around your player character.

With this toggleable - configurable system, it could be easier to focus on just what's in the camera direction of your character.

Example:

Roleplaying as a store clerk at Mirror Park or at other open interiors.

There are twenty players around your character and the chat is going very fast.

Hard to keep up for not veteran players.

With these chat bubbles, you could just focus on who is inside the store, by looking at their direction.

These chat bubbles would display everything from a specific character above their head.

These chat bubbles would be stackable (they wouldn't cover each other).

Would be configurable:

Toggle to display character's name,

font size,

display duration.

The size of the chat bubbles would be configurable, (word wrap), auto resize, etc.

Adjustable distance (radius) with hotkeys.

Fading, transparency, etc.

The whole new system would be toggleable on a keypress.

Like we have the animation wheel on U for example.

You'd press a button and it would dis-reappear.

Additionally, you could move, enable-disable these mini chat "windows" around the screen on the fly, and reset them by right-click menus for example.

It could be useful for some players, with some limitations and additions to the ones on the picture below.

Spoiler

WeMvVS6.jpg

Original link:

Edited by Cerulean