Overhead bubble text.

Earlll

Short description:  A command that can toggle bubble text over the players head when they say something. 

Detailed description: Just like how /ame works, but instead adding it for general text. 

Commands to add: /bubletext 

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? This will assist players to follow what is being said by which player when there are several players talking IC. Specially during situations where there are big groups of playing interacting. Instead of their text getting lost in the text boxt due to the spam, it can be easily followed instead if it pops over their characters head in a bubble. 

Additional information:   Provided a picture below of what it could potentially look like.

speech-balloon-text-pixel-art-image-png-favpng-sRfHkeb5sya4PpNrbVVUg1SJ2.jpg

Edited by Earlll
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as this is completely optional and 100% scripted to be disabled, I don't see a reason as to why not. I personally would not use this as I feel it would be awful to look at, but if it helps other players who struggle with heavy conversation, it's a plus in my book.

Its a no from me I am afraid from an immersive POV, until i figured I could turn them off, the [...] were slightly annoying. 

I just can picture how this looks in a busy environment, with the other issue of, if players are focused on the speech bubbles of who they are interacting with, they are going to potentially miss the non-verbal (/me) from users outside their immediate bubble or other conversations