Adjust the values of vehicles based on their real-life values.

Codac

31 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

So you prefer people after a wipe or new character waste their time on RPG jobs to gain the money to get their character jump-started instead of Roleplaying? Because that it was on FiveRP, people only fished and grinded jobs before they even RP'd anything. Similar thing was for a time on here where people were grinding jobs without Roleplaying.

I shouldn't even mention that most people who play have an hour or two on average to play, not everyone are kids on summer vacation these days, a lot of us have a job and other duties, so wiping and removing the 200k paychecks is quite a bitch move since people can't grind jobs to get their character jump started. You guys don't consider the fact it's a game and it can not be 1:1 to real life, certain aspects should be done to adjust.

Those 200k are to get an apartment and a car to start up the character. If you see someone buying an expensive car yet they can't fund it (I.E. Rebla GTS), you can report them to RPQM & PM for poor portrayal.

You don't need 200k to properly start up a character, though. It's just overkill. Drop it to 50k or 100k. 

Please don't twist my words around, I never said anything of the sort. I never said wipe everyones assets, I said reset the economy, as in how money is used and valued, to a realistic and proper value. Obviously it's a game, but it's supposed to be realistic to a point.

If you need 200k to start your character from the ground up you're doing something wrong in my opinion. I'd rather not turn this into a 4 page debate, I'm simply voicing my opinions.

Edited by PeopleKind
26 minutes ago, PeopleKind said:

You don't need 200k to properly start up a character, though. It's just overkill. Drop it to 50k or 100k. 

Please don't twist my words around, I never said anything of the sort. I never said wipe everyones assets, I said reset the economy, as in how money is used and valued, to a realistic and proper value. Obviously it's a game, but it's supposed to be realistic to a point.

If you need 200k to start your character from the ground up you're doing something wrong in my opinion. I'd rather not turn this into a 4 page debate, I'm simply voicing my opinions.

Show me an apartment even the cheapest area for under 50k.

On 7/9/2021 at 10:52 PM, orca112 said:

Honestly - establish a "Vehicle Management" team.

Working with/under Property Management and the Modding Team, they are responsible for properly pricing vehicles and reworking the vehicle market opposed to having vehicles priced on how fancy or fast they look to Nervous. Their tasks would also include reviews of suggested vehicle additions, adjustments or removals - both vanilla vehicles and mod vehicles. There are too many suggestions that have been ignored for months.

The $200,000 isn't even the problem. Sure it contributes to it, but isn't the source of the issue. The issue is that people use the $200,000 stupidly. We've all started with the $200,000, good and bad roleplayers alike, and there are some people that use it properly: to get a base for their character and develop up. People who spend all their money on ricing out their expensive vehicle would probably be doing dumb shit $200,000 or not. They won't miraculously become better roleplayers because they're forced to grind for their money. These players need to learn to improve.

But the whole economy reset is a bit much, and kind of derailing the suggestion. Sure the economy could use a rework, but honestly? It's not as bad compared to what it could be. Fitting almost even for a video game. Establishing something like $1=10 IG $ would help, and adjusting the vehicle and maybe even property prices around that idea would be sufficient in my opinion.

6 hours ago, Vash Baldeus said:

So you prefer people after a wipe or new character waste their time on RPG jobs to gain the money to get their character jump-started instead of Roleplaying? Because that it was on FiveRP, people only fished and grinded jobs before they even RP'd anything. Similar thing was for a time on here where people were grinding jobs without Roleplaying.

People don't remember what grinding was like back then. Fishing to get Bensons (hope you have a friend with a heli, because that's the fastest way to fish) and then once you have your Benson, logging into make mining runs. I completely disagree with the idea behind a complete economy reset. There's certainly a few bad apples who use their starting 200k on items that make no sense for their character, but they're a minority on the server IMO. Many people use the 200k to establish their characters (apartment, car, etc) and do just fine in choosing what is correct. No reason to throw the entire server into disarray to chase minor issues.

7 hours ago, PeopleKind said:

Reset the entire economy and start fresh. Its a long process but will make the server a better place. Also, stop giving new players 200k immediately, it makes no sense at all on an IC standpoint and just makes the economy even bloody worse.

Every other server with a different system has failed. I used to think the $200,000 was stupid as well, years back, but over time it makes sense. That money could be roleplayed as pre-existing money, or a pension, or inheritance money, or literally anything. It's given over time to ensure you don't join and instantly blow your money straight away, and importantly, it encourages you to stay on for a long time. Pretty smart when you think about it.

If we reset the economy now, we'll have to do it again in another 5 years, and then what? Roleplay servers will always have a messed up economy and you cannot stop that at all. If someone plays every hour of the day, they'll have more money than someone who logs on a couple hours per week.

Back to the topic at hand: the vehicles we have on GTA:V aren't 1:1 replicas of real life counterparts, and some vehicles are hybrids of multiple vehicles, so the proposal wouldn't make much sense.

7 minutes ago, Dominic said:

People don't remember what grinding was like back then. Fishing to get Bensons (hope you have a friend with a heli, because that's the fastest way to fish) and then once you have your Benson, logging into make mining runs. I completely disagree with the idea behind a complete economy reset. There's certainly a few bad apples who use their starting 200k on items that make no sense for their character, but they're a minority on the server IMO. Many people use the 200k to establish their characters (apartment, car, etc) and do just fine in choosing what is correct. No reason to throw the entire server into disarray to chase minor issues.

Agreed with this post. Eventually, some people do learn from their mistakes of splashing cash on whatever they want OOC, and start roleplaying properly. We've all been there when we started on a new medium for roleplay.

You're also right that there is no benefit to penalise the rest of the server because of the handful that abuse the $200,000 starting money.

2 hours ago, Invictus said:

This would be nice but thing is car pricing is not the only issue and to fix it means an economy overhaul.

Most of the car prices were adjusted through the years. One car price I recall being set way too low was the 8F Drafter, where it was same price as Komoda (130k non registered, 150k registered) and it out performed cars in a higher price bracket with ease, after a few months it's price was jacked up to 295k which caused an issue of old models retaining old price and sold for higher for a while. Same thing happened with Sultan Classic, but it did not have it's price changed sadly, and it outperforms the Elegy.

Overhaul of the economy at this point can't be done without a wipe, something a lot of players won't go with willingly. Because if you do a wipe, you'll need to wipe the money, the assets and characters. Meaning people will have to start from scratch. I do remember Nervous mentioning that a tax rework of some sort is coming and that people will be taxed based on their assets, that's a good way to make people with a lot of assets sell or not buy them from the get go.

Me and another player from this community are the ones who built the vehicle price guide which is up to date as we keep it that way. Major change to vehicle prices now would cause me to hate it as we'll have to bother Nervous to get a list of those changes to update the thread. But I do agree, certain cars are too cheap for their performance or too expensive for what they offer. Economy overhaul to balance it out, as said before would require a complete wipe and that's going to kill the server as it would wipe the assets, cars and characters (factions in tow!).

Even if the overhaul takes place, in about 5 years or so, this topic of a wipe would be raised again. Sever is 4 years old mind you, I joined when Nervous kick-started this project.

43 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Most of the car prices were adjusted through the years. One car price I recall being set way too low was the 8F Drafter, where it was same price as Komoda (130k non registered, 150k registered) and it out performed cars in a higher price bracket with ease, after a few months it's price was jacked up to 295k which caused an issue of old models retaining old price and sold for higher for a while. Same thing happened with Sultan Classic, but it did not have it's price changed sadly, and it outperforms the Elegy.

Overhaul of the economy at this point can't be done without a wipe, something a lot of players won't go with willingly. Because if you do a wipe, you'll need to wipe the money, the assets and characters. Meaning people will have to start from scratch. I do remember Nervous mentioning that a tax rework of some sort is coming and that people will be taxed based on their assets, that's a good way to make people with a lot of assets sell or not buy them from the get go.

Me and another player from this community are the ones who built the vehicle price guide which is up to date as we keep it that way. Major change to vehicle prices now would cause me to hate it as we'll have to bother Nervous to get a list of those changes to update the thread. But I do agree, certain cars are too cheap for their performance or too expensive for what they offer. Economy overhaul to balance it out, as said before would require a complete wipe and that's going to kill the server as it would wipe the assets, cars and characters (factions in tow!).

Even if the overhaul takes place, in about 5 years or so, this topic of a wipe would be raised again. Sever is 4 years old mind you, I joined when Nervous kick-started this project.

The car price adjustments have always been a problem, though I'm sure you're aware because you were around near the start of the server (represent).

People have unfortunately profited a lot from price increases, which contributes an unnatural inflation in economy, so to speak. Car prices should've been set once, and never adjusted again. They seem to be randomised for the most part.

With that being said, I wouldn't mind an asset wipe. New players seem to be making money ever so rapidly, moreso than we did with businesses giving out free money every hour, and with the mining thing too. Just seems like something was broken at some point while I was away.

7 hours ago, Aquila said:

The car price adjustments have always been a problem, though I'm sure you're aware because you were around near the start of the server (represent).

People have unfortunately profited a lot from price increases, which contributes an unnatural inflation in economy, so to speak. Car prices should've been set once, and never adjusted again. They seem to be randomised for the most part.

With that being said, I wouldn't mind an asset wipe. New players seem to be making money ever so rapidly, moreso than we did with businesses giving out free money every hour, and with the mining thing too. Just seems like something was broken at some point while I was away.

The issue with only asset wipe is that you'll cripple everyone including characters that are already established, only was is a complete wipe (assets, money, characters) which would result in us being where server started in 2017. Wipes were spoken about on another community I was at for over 10 years, never happened. I do not believe that a wipe this far into servers life will help.

• Wuhtah locked this topic