Adjust the values of vehicles based on their real-life values.

Codac

Short description: Take a look at the current price values of vehicles and adjust them based on what their real live values would be, instead of whatever seemingly arbitrary number is chosen.

Detailed description: Currently, there are quite a few vehicles with prices that make almost absolutely no sense. Quoting my good buddy, "the tesla suv costs more than literal lambo tier sports car". It would be a long task and probably be a rather major update, but it's definitely something that should be looked into.

How would your suggestion improve the server? Currently, trying to roleplay around the vehicle economy is kind of wacky. I can't pull any vehicle models off the top of my head because I couldn't even name off 10 vehicle models on the server without a bit of struggling, but I'd like to think it's a pretty well known problem. People might be upset over their expensive vehicles losing value, but in the long term it would make everyone but primarily those who roleplay around cars have a better and more immersive experience if they're not spending $400,000 on a car which realistically wouldn't cost as much. If vehicle performance needs to be adjusted for some vehicles in order to make the price make more sense, instead of having a car that would be $30,000 on GTA World perform like a high-end sports car, then so be it.

Edited by Selena
Removed toxic comment
  • Upvote 2

To even begin doing this - we'd need a full economy reset or redo. We would need to look into the jobs that are paid (mostly mechanic work) and such like that. Before this can even be a suggestion - that needs to happen. As of now, it's GTAW currency is roughly 10 dollars? 100 dollars? to 1 USD dollar. This cannot be done yet.

Honestly - establish a "Vehicle Management" team.

Working with/under Property Management and the Modding Team, they are responsible for properly pricing vehicles and reworking the vehicle market opposed to having vehicles priced on how fancy or fast they look to Nervous. Their tasks would also include reviews of suggested vehicle additions, adjustments or removals - both vanilla vehicles and mod vehicles. There are too many suggestions that have been ignored for months.

• Upvote 3
On 7/10/2021 at 3:52 AM, orca112 said:

Honestly - establish a "Vehicle Management" team.

Working with/under Property Management and the Modding Team, they are responsible for properly pricing vehicles and reworking the vehicle market opposed to having vehicles priced on how fancy or fast they look to Nervous. Their tasks would also include reviews of suggested vehicle additions, adjustments or removals - both vanilla vehicles and mod vehicles. There are too many suggestions that have been ignored for months.

16 minutes ago, PeopleKind said:

Reset the entire economy and start fresh. Its a long process but will make the server a better place. Also, stop giving new players 200k immediately, it makes no sense at all on an IC standpoint and just makes the economy even bloody worse.

Word, lets do monthly wipes. I want to run around naked with a spear, fresh start, blueprint wipe 💯💯💯

#Rust

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, PeopleKind said:

Reset the entire economy and start fresh. Its a long process but will make the server a better place. Also, stop giving new players 200k immediately, it makes no sense at all on an IC standpoint and just makes the economy even bloody worse.

So you prefer people after a wipe or new character waste their time on RPG jobs to gain the money to get their character jump-started instead of Roleplaying? Because that it was on FiveRP, people only fished and grinded jobs before they even RP'd anything. Similar thing was for a time on here where people were grinding jobs without Roleplaying.

I shouldn't even mention that most people who play have an hour or two on average to play, not everyone are kids on summer vacation these days, a lot of us have a job and other duties, so wiping and removing the 200k paychecks is quite a bitch move since people can't grind jobs to get their character jump started. You guys don't consider the fact it's a game and it can not be 1:1 to real life, certain aspects should be done to adjust.

Those 200k are to get an apartment and a car to start up the character. If you see someone buying an expensive car yet they can't fund it (I.E. Rebla GTS), you can report them to RPQM & PM for poor portrayal.

Edited by Vash Baldeus
  • Wuhtah locked this topic