CIM for CCTV Cameras instead of actual mapping.

People are still stuck in the mentality of 2007 RP where even camera phones were still not common place and forget smartphones.

Ring Doorbells and doorbell cameras are becoming more and more popular by the day. Even little old grandma down the street has a ring doorbell.

• Upvote 6
6 minutes ago, Wuhtah said:

I agree with you, but there are always "blindspots" when it comes to CCTV or robbers who want to try and disable said CCTV. So, having a /cctvinfo on the property would be nice to add.

Would be indeed, I agree.

8 minutes ago, JayO said:

I think an even simpler solution to that is needed. Something along the lines of.... common sense. If you're going to a business and any business that is, you should be expecting CCTV. This is 2021 where CCTV is basically absolutely everywhere. I have CCTV in my home, we have it on the streets IRL, so why do we need special permission/mapped items to RP it in businesses. If we're trying to portray something somewhat realistic, then CCTV shouldn't be put behind a paywall and PM shouldn't have to intervene to put mapped cameras in places. 

Simple solution, like IRL you can pay a security company to do the install of the cameras outside your property and inside. They map cameras outside for you and when your place goes in-active or cameras placed in an abused manner admins can handle that.

Hi, I just want to share something that I've been having trouble with for a year with CCTV. For context I have been leasing a mechanic garage in Vespucci for almost a year by now this august and there has been over 20+ incidents that happened at the business' private parking lot considering its Vespucci afterall, and of course I don't have any problem with it since in the past it's allowed to RP CCTV being outside as long as you roleplayed it and you have proof for it. But, as per the new rules regarding powergaming that it needs an outside object CCTV for it to be roleplayed, all of my RP about having CCTV is just gone in an instant.

What I dislike about CCTV is that I would have to pay platinum each month so that I could roleplay having a CCTV, and I understand that the server needs the donation to keep running but I'm sorry to me it's just pay to win, there is no other way that I can roleplay having a CCTV without paying in real life money every month, which I can not afford to spend since I have other priority.

And what I think would solve this problem would be:

1. Changing the powergaming rule about CCTV, make it like the way it was where if you have proof of your CCTV being installed you can roleplay them.
  2. Let platinum donators to have a limited slot (say, 3) to put up camera objects for businesses.
  3. Let business owners have a free 1 CCTV object. (I don't think this is a good idea)

I propose the second idea because I've had friends more than 3 of them reached out to me if they could put out a CCTV object for me since they have more than 6+ months of platinum donator status already, which we have tried and the exterior objects will always be despawned after restart because apparently only the owner of the property could put out an object, people who have keys couldn't.

plz let me have cctv object even just one so PD, SD, and my 20+ employees can stop bothering me about a cctv ic 😞

• Upvote 5
  • Applaud 3
1 minute ago, mencurry said:

Hi, I just want to share something that I've been having trouble with for a year with CCTV. For context I have been leasing a mechanic garage in Vespucci for almost a year by now this august and there has been over 20+ incidents that happened at the business' private parking lot considering its Vespucci afterall, and of course I don't have any problem with it since in the past it's allowed to RP CCTV being outside as long as you roleplayed it and you have proof for it. But, as per the new rules regarding powergaming that it needs an outside object CCTV for it to be roleplayed, all of my RP about having CCTV is just gone in an instant.

What I dislike about CCTV is that I would have to pay platinum each month so that I could roleplay having a CCTV, and I understand that the server needs the donation to keep running but I'm sorry to me it's just pay to win, there is no other way that I can roleplay having a CCTV without paying in real life money every month, which I can not afford to spend since I have other priority.

1. Changing the powergaming rule about CCTV, make it like the way it was where if you have proof of your CCTV being installed you can roleplay them.
  2. Let platinum donators to have a limited slot (say, 3) to put up camera objects for businesses.
  3. Let business owners have a free 1 CCTV object. (I don't think this is a good idea)

I propose the second idea because I've had friends more than 3 of them reached out to me if they could put out a CCTV object for me since they have more than 6+ months of platinum donator status already, which we have tried and the exterior objects will always be despawned after restart because apparently only the owner of the property could put out an object, people who have keys couldn't.

plz let me have cctv object even just one so PD, SD, and my 20+ employees can stop bothering me about a cctv ic 😞

I agree with Mencurry's statement, 100%. We're also tired that we can't even RP having CCTV's outside.

21 hours ago, Late said:

People are still stuck in the mentality of 2007 RP where even camera phones were still not common place and forget smartphones.

Ring Doorbells and doorbell cameras are becoming more and more popular by the day. Even little old grandma down the street has a ring doorbell.

that's not scripted in the game though

3 hours ago, mencurry said:

Gone to the point where 16 year old gangsters camp outside OVC waiting for people to log on, knowing people RP around that area, and that there's no CCTV.

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic