/ftowplate to /ftow an individual vehicle and /ftowtime

sevo

Short description: Add the command /ftowplate [plate] and /ftowtime [time since last occupied]

Detailed description:

The /ftowplate command would allow faction members with permissions to use the /ftow command to tow the vehicle with the specified plate. This command would be useful for faction leaders who need to tow specific vehicles for various reasons without the nuisance of towing all unoccupied vehicles. This would come in handy for incidents where a player needs to log urgently but is unable to return their vehicle, or for other occasions where a specific vehicle needs to be towed.

The /ftowtime command would allow these faction members to tow all faction vehicles which have not been occupied for the past X time. E.g. /ftowtime 20 would tow all faction vehicles which have not been occupied for 20 minutes or more. Reasons match those as above. This command would be useful as faction leaders would not need to notify their faction members to get in their vehicles if a tow is required, which can be rather disruptive to role-play.

Commands to add: /ftowplate and /ftowtime

Items to add: None

How would your suggestion improve the server? Quality of life update; less disruption to role-play; greater control over faction vehicles.

Additional information: This was suggested back in 2017, but at the time there was a different faction garage system and a pay and spray system in use. Since then, factions using faction vehicles have grown exponentially and the faction garage system implemented.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 2

I disagree. There's already too much vehicle teleportation with /fixveh being used incorrectly.

Better suggestion would be to allow SUPERVISORS / Managers of the business, faction to be allowed to utilize /antitheft to track the vehicles then they can go and recover them with a towtruck. 

If you as a company do not want to invest in a way to recover the vehicles and if your drivers have poor discipline bringing them back then you can suffer and wait until server restart for your cars back. 

If you're a really small company and it wouldn't make sense to own a towtruck yourself, well you'll have to get creative to get the car back. That's just my opinion.

On 7/9/2021 at 5:00 AM, K3V said:

Would stop the issue we have with cruisers currently sitting all over the city, ruins my immersion greatly!

On 7/9/2021 at 5:05 AM, bonk said:

People complain about all the abandoned cop cars everywhere, this will greatly combat against that. Great suggestion!

22 hours ago, patty said:

common sense & overdue. support.

3 hours ago, Late said:

Better suggestion would be to allow SUPERVISORS / Managers of the business, faction to be allowed to utilize /antitheft to track the vehicles then they can go and recover them with a towtruck. 

This is a suggestion for a faction, not a business. There won't be antitheft installed on police vehicles, nor will you get to see cops driving around in a tow truck to tow cruisers back because someone had to go or crashed, that's completely unrealistic.

3 hours ago, Late said:

If you as a company do not want to invest in a way to recover the vehicles and if your drivers have poor discipline bringing them back then you can suffer and wait until server restart for your cars back. 

Police vehicles won't run out because how many of them PD/SD have in their faction garages. This suggestion would avoid police vehicles scattered all around the map. You should probably read the suggestion before commenting something entirely irrelevant and putting down a -1.

You did not state your suggestion was aimed at the LSPD exclusively. I was talking from more of a general and broad standpoint, but thank you for your further explanation, it is much appreciated.  

Oops EDIT: I thought you were the topic creator, my original point still stands. I won't continue to derail the thread but we're all here to give opinions and comment on suggestions and I threw my two cents in, no need to get salty because I disagreed. 

Edited by Late
  • Wuhtah locked this topic