The Ability To Turn Off Local OOC

Snoot

Pointless, if someone's annoying you on /b just ask them to take it to PMs or ask everyone to cut the OOC chatter. Having players disable it will just create confusion and even more arguments, whether you roleplay with one player or with a group - you can't expect someone to start PMing 4 people or more if something happened and they must leave for a moment or for any other reason really. Just communicate, it's not that hard - obviously there are those who won't care but you can just report them if you can't handle the spam.

You don't eradicate an issue by ignoring it.

Edited by Maxim
4 hours ago, stringer said:

I would also like for the ability to remove /b, but I also don't like the consequences of /b being toggle-able. Sometimes you roleplay with 5-10+ people and you have some important information to share oocly, which would easily be done with /b, instead of having to pm every single one involved.

What would you do in situations in which a player has both PMs and /b disabled and information vital to the roleplay environment needs to be communicated?

Whilst it would be great, the downsides to toggling /b, in my personal opinion, outweigh the benefits gotten from it, as people spamming and abusing /b during roleplay can be reported and will be dealt with.

This is essentially my reasoning as well. I play within FD, and sometimes I have 8-12 people on a scene. If I had to tell something OOCly in regards to a situation that a /do couldn't do, it would be a pain to PM each person individually.

Report the people that abuse /b or uses it to argue about things there is no need to argue about.

No support from me

1 minute ago, Yoak said:

you literally do though, if you're able to remove /b from your screen then the issue is gone FOR you

It won't hold, yes it may save you a few lines in one roleplay - but it may be an absolute headache in another. Having an OOC way of communication with surrounding players is integral, this is a videogame on a human-made script, not an AAA simulator - there are issues you need to consider such as bugs, temporary glitches (on your end or for others) and etc. You also have new players who have only recently made the change to RAGE:MP or people who are new to roleplay, players who won't be used to the system - by preventing a direct direct line of communication with them you just solve the problem of some additional lines on your end while others may wait a few moments until they realize the other person can't see what they wrote.

Not to mention roleplays that involve multiple players or multiple groups, where you'd just stand awkwardly until someone tells you what's up or someone will have to find couriers to deliver their OOC message.

yes please

also a /mute command for admins would be great, removes /b speaking access- maybe even a /localmute (The current mute command entirely mutes someone disallowing them to open the chatbox i believe?)

/mute (ID) (time(optional, no time limit = until unmuted)) -> admins can mute individual people for people disturbing RP with constant OOC

/localmute ->  mutes everyone that isn't a staff member in an X vicinity -> trigger again to unmute. useful when on admin sits with a lot of people going in OOC

And a /pmute or whatever -> mutes everyone inside an interior. Can be used by interior owners and admins

/unmute (ID)

as long as it's made so admins are always heard even when local OOC is toggled.

2 hours ago, BjornV said:

yes please

also a /mute command for admins would be great, removes /b speaking access- maybe even a /localmute (The current mute command entirely mutes someone disallowing them to open the chatbox i believe?)

/mute (ID) (time(optional, no time limit = until unmuted)) -> admins can mute individual people for people disturbing RP with constant OOC

/localmute ->  mutes everyone that isn't a staff member in an X vicinity -> trigger again to unmute. useful when on admin sits with a lot of people going in OOC

And a /pmute or whatever -> mutes everyone inside an interior. Can be used by interior owners and admins

/unmute (ID)

as long as it's made so admins are always heard even when local OOC is toggled.

tbf admins can already mute specific players so they cant say anything

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic