Just need help processing this...

nardo

4 minutes ago, Aquila said:

Was there a reason for someone doing donuts in a neighbourhood?

I've never really seen it in real life. Granted, I've seen people do them in open spaces, but in neighbourhoods it's so rare that surely it cannot be considered RP.

This isn't a rare occasion either - there are countless moments where people just decide to OOC mess around. I would've thought the time for that was long gone by now.

Yea I feel you, in all honesty I feel that both parties are in the wrong though, situation could've been voided instead of someone getting pbanned.

4 minutes ago, nardo said:

Yea I feel you, in all honesty I feel that both parties are in the wrong though, situation could've been voided instead of someone getting pbanned.

I don't know about that. The moral behind the story is don't be stupid and instigate fights randomly.

At the end of the day, we're playing on a roleplay server. While we are here to have fun, there's no benefit in being an idiot and pissing people off IC/OOC just because you feel like it. Catch my drift?

• Applaud 1

The point that you should get from this is that the administration team is royally inconsistent when it comes to handling player conflicts and/or situations like these.

Normally, you' run into these three admin types:

1) No nonsense and very strict on quality, ajails flying left and right

2) You guys did this and this wrong, let's just void this, be friends and try and be better in the future

3) Person X (even tho Person X, for the sake of argument is an obvious, loop-hole exploiting horribad) didn't break this exact line in the server rules, therefore I can't do much

And anything in-between...

And yes, this is a problem.

• Thanks 1
15 hours ago, SCANDALOUZ said:

The point that you should get from this is that the administration team is royally inconsistent when it comes to handling player conflicts and/or situations like these.

Normally, you' run into these three admin types:

1) No nonsense and very strict on quality, ajails flying left and right

2) You guys did this and this wrong, let's just void this, be friends and try and be better in the future

3) Person X (even tho Person X, for the sake of argument is an obvious, loop-hole exploiting horribad) didn't break this exact line in the server rules, therefore I can't do much

And anything in-between...

And yes, this is a problem.

do you have a solution in mind? every rp server i've been on between samp and gta 5 rp have had this problem and i've always assumed it's the result of having many volunteer staff members with fairly casual training and infrequent presence from higher ups

i'm seeing everything from property requests to complaints have delayed responses, so i'd guess gtaw is a little short staffed right now and refining/maintaining a proper code for staff rulings is probably not high on the list

6 hours ago, jcat said:

When do we not see one??

tbh i was just trying to be polite to the server as i have a distant history of being very critical here

16 minutes ago, shaobadman said:

do you have a solution in mind? every rp server i've been on between samp and gta 5 rp have had this problem and i've always assumed it's the result of having many volunteer staff members with fairly casual training and infrequent presence from higher ups

Tagging @SCANDALOUZ as well.

I've recently made the connection between administration staff and prison officers/guards, and I'm obviously speaking in general and not speaking specifically about GTA:W.

Many people from both groups (admin and prison staff) initially join their respective teams with the want to help people. Understandable.

But over time they either become apathetic or feel overworked; sometimes they also have to deal with bullshit from people who are trying to play the system one way or another, and obviously that has a knock-on effect and changes their attitude, which is completely understandable.

From what I know about prison officers/guards, you can't change a team-wide attitude quickly or easily. A culture breeds and spreads across a team and often times than not, it goes unnoticed or is subconsciously accepted, so nobody sees it as an issue.

The dependency on admin and prison staff can become tiresome and stressful. I hope my comparison is making some sense here.

I would like to stress that both parties are critical roles in their respective jurisdictions, but human nature can take a toll and sometimes affect their work ethic. There are people who are very authoritive in both parties, but there are also the "nice guys" who sometimes get taken advantage of as well. There is never ever a good balance for long periods.

Edited by Aquila

If you ask me, Kiarah's char is being extremely poor portrayed... She's like 16 and stealing cars, handling with weapons, being like OG, starting a shootouts in her own hood because of some idiots drifting around, wtf? 

Find me a 16 yo girl in the hood handling with a gun and shooting some drifters, come on 🤣

4 hours ago, FJ said:

If you ask me, Kiarah's char is being extremely poor portrayed... She's like 16 and stealing cars, handling with weapons, being like OG, starting a shootouts in her own hood because of some idiots drifting around, wtf? 

Find me a 16 yo girl in the hood handling with a gun and shooting some drifters, come on 🤣

i don't know if you or anyone else can answer this for me, but how come there's now so many teen characters? when i stopped playing a few years ago most characters were in their 20s (which i personally didn't like) but now there's a much higher number of teenage characters, and i don't mean people 18-19 but mid-teens or even lower like that kid who burns ants on the pavement

i say fair enough to those who do it well by avoiding the example in your comment, and it does diversify the makeup of characters in the server (maybe we can do it the other way too with characters 30+) but i'm wondering when or why/how it started happening, especially in south ls

• Wuhtah locked this topic