Just need help processing this...

nardo

Basically, I was watching a video on GTA:W about a guy doing donuts and drifting around a neighborhood he stay's by in, he wasn't really bothering anyone besides the fact that he was doing a small side-show with his friend, mid-way of doing his little show, a white car pull's up and begins to try and block him off just reversing, and trying to block his way for some reason and he eventually attempts to tell them move around and he tries to continue his show, but a lady walks mid-way in the road and almost get's hit, kicking his bumper, he reverses and they pull up next to his and brandishes fire-arms at him, he then proceeds to hit the gas, and take off away from the block, he then spins back, but with another person he drifts around again, but notices a admin is with them, he proceeds to wait to get teleported, because he realizes that the other party called them in basically saying that they 'VDM'ed' and was lacking 'Fear' due to them brandishing a gun? [But your saying that he's in the wrong for taking off, like he didn't have a opportunity and gate-way to escape for his life ((I Would've done the same)) but it was brought that they we're shot at, but in the video I didn't see anyone or anything get shot at. The administrators also brought up that there's a video clip of him getting shot at, at the same block over drifting --- Also brought up saying that they VDM'ed and considered him and a group of friend's a 'Drifting Crew' BUT why would they get shot at over drifting make's no sense what's-so-ever. ] [Also found out that the girl shot at them, that's why they counted it as fear, but I am just curious why they shot, apparently, she shot at them and then someone hit her with the car ((Maybe just a life-or-death situation)) which still doesn't come to me why the person shot, I have no idea it kind of just make's me think the situation is kind of weird.]

I don't think making a general discussion post over a report is how to respond to this. You're better off reaching out to staff but since this topic is already posted...

I think shooting at the car is stupid. However, I think that it was a stupid response to a stupid "roleplay" scene.

A "sideshow" is a group of people who gather and block off an intersection or parkinglot for the purpose of putting on a show for the crowd, which is usually donuts and burnouts. What this person was doing was not a sideshow, but general trolling and just..fail roleplay. It doesn't make sense to take your car to a neighborhood you don't know (let alone a gang neigborhood)and start doing burnouts with no crowd and only serving to draw attention to police. It's not even drifting either. They are causing property damage to a private residential neighborhood where the people who live there have a great amount of respect for neighborhood. Sideshows don't happen randomly in people's residential neighborhoods, they're planned and arranged and usually done at populated intersections or parkinglots.

It's possible that if this person was banned, it was over an extensive history and not just this one event. But again, making a general discussion post isn't the way to approach  a punishment you don't agree with.

• Wuhtah locked this topic