Need help with fixing stutter.

Oaks.

Hey guys, since 1.1 I've been getting 0fps stutters for a little bit, which isn't ideal especially during driving.

My GTA is on a SSD, Graphics are down semi-medium/high, I've tried RAM dumping, RAM clearing/cleaning with various tools/task schedulers and I'm still getting it. I've tried disabling shadowplay, any overlay software and even barebones it with just GTA playing and nothing open, still the same issue.

In terms of mods, I used to have a lot of graphics mods & now I don't use any for fear of increasing the chances of this annoying bug.

My specs are:
1070, i7-7700k, 16GB Ram, 1TB SSD, 500GB SSD & a 2TB HDD which GTA isn't housed on.

It's just GTA that has this problem, any other games are fine, I've been managing to play A3 recently with 0 stutters and thats iconic for poor performance.

I'm losing my fucking mind and it's driving me to the point of not wanting to play, please help a homie out.

Rage is poorly optimized in general, then there's specifics in GTAW that trigger lagging — they range from a bad mod (the Victor) to specific menus that simply make you lag clientside. Try pinpointing the areas your game stutters in and you'll see what I'm talking about. Check this Unplayable Game Freezes topic Mossey made a while back and go through the pages to see what fixes / tests we've done with this along the way.

Memory Cleaner is a good tool to use and either enable a 5-minute refresh in the settings or manually clear system cache and trim processes' working set. Rage just gets crazy on RAM usage and using this saves you the headache of having to relog hourly to fix it.

I've found that running CCleaner w/ constant use of Memory Cleaner w/ restarting the game every few hours helps. My FPS went from a steady 50-55 to 80-90 in the very same spot just because I restarted my game, to give you an idea.

1 hour ago, liq said:

Rage is poorly optimized in general, then there's specifics in GTAW that trigger lagging — they range from a bad mod (the Victor) to specific menus that simply make you lag clientside. Try pinpointing the areas your game stutters in and you'll see what I'm talking about. Check this Unplayable Game Freezes topic Mossey made a while back and go through the pages to see what fixes / tests we've done with this along the way.

Memory Cleaner is a good tool to use and either enable a 5-minute refresh in the settings or manually clear system cache and trim processes' working set. Rage just gets crazy on RAM usage and using this saves you the headache of having to relog hourly to fix it.

I've found that running CCleaner w/ constant use of Memory Cleaner w/ restarting the game every few hours helps. My FPS went from a steady 50-55 to 80-90 in the very same spot just because I restarted my game, to give you an idea.

Daft that I've gotta use an external tool, but thanks Liq, I'll give this a whirl.

Couple things you can do. 

Disable Game Bar. 
Disable Game Mode.
On your Nvidia settings, set a profile up for GTA 5 and set it to use your main GPU.

In your windows menu shit, type "gaming" and then it should say "graphics settings" click that shit and pick GTA 5 then set it to high performance.