[LSNN] Holland Private Security denies alleged harassment of business rival

5yHwzO3.png

Holland Private Security denies alleged harassment of business rival

More private security controversy as Holland Private Security is accused of harassing Moe Ellis of the Deluxe Security Agency, a rival firm

N8gKRpw.png

By PHOEBE HOLTER

Los Santos, SA - “I'm just trying to make a living like everyone else. What’s so wrong with that?“ asked Moe Ellis, a graphic designer, and marketing manager of DSA, a Los Santos-based luxury private security company. “No one is willing to work with me because either [HPS] makes me look bad in front of them or [HPS] won't let me meet them because they're standing at the doors.”

Los Santos is home to a growing number of private security companies, a product of its perennial issues with crime. Among the list of companies offering security services to the city’s residents is the Deluxe Security Agency, often abbreviated to DSA.

DSA and HPS, the background

“We do not provide property security or patrols. No security devices. We are just limited to personal protection, as we are most focused on chauffeur services and bodyguards,” Ellis explained. “DSA is a company that provides VIP transportation with chauffeur services and private bodyguards.”

DSA fits a small niche in the market, specializing in personal security. This is in contrast to other rival companies, such as Gruppe Six and Holland Private Security (HPS), which both provide a broader range of services.

1P2x9o9.png

Outside of the Holland Private Security office on Strawberry Ave

Its role in catering to this niche led to what both DSA and HPS have described as a cooperative agreement where both companies recommended each other to clients.

“DSA and HPS grew friendly together and supported each other. We provided them with clients that needed property protection and other businesses that were related to what they wanted to provide.” - Moe Ellis

“In early May, Holland Private Security offered Deluxe Security Agency a cooperation agreement to work alongside each other in an attempt to create higher quality security services…” - Holland Private Security (Statement provided to LSNN)

As the fledgling business relationship matured, Ellis alleges that things began to take a turn for the worse: “As we grew little by little together, you know, when people are driven by greed and power. Enough is never enough for them. They started envying our work, our reputation, and our ways of working.”

Ellis further described when the  informal business relationship finally reached the divorce stage, a take-over bid from HPS was allegedly rejected by DSA. HPS, in a statement to LSNN, disputes this and provided a different reason for the relationship ending.

"'Join HPS, we will set a different department that will be only dedicated to personal protection. You will lead that department, talk to others, and make it happen,’ we don't want to make it happen, [we] told them over and over again. But when greed has blinded someone, they can't see anything beyond that.” - Moe Ellis

“We later decided to conclude the agreement and move further without DSA as we felt that DSA did not align with HPS. Primarily due to M. Ellis continually showing up at our client's properties unannounced.” - Holland Private Security (Statement provided to LSNN)

0fFSKuy.png

Moe Ellis inside of one of DSA's fleet vehicles

Incident at Thompson’s 

It was after this event that Ellis said that the alleged harassment began. From his account, he visited Thompson’s Transport Limited to hand over his business card after a previous discussion with the management team there. It was here that he alleges he was detained by HPS’ staff: “As I get back into my car and about to leave the property, Two HPS guards comes to my car, blocking me by standing touching my bumper and screaming to me. Now, as a guard, you're not allowed to HOLD someone against their will. If someone wishes to leave, they can leave unless they've committed a criminal offense. It's considered kidnapping if you hold someone against their will.”

This incident led to what both HPS and Ellis have described as an “internal report” being created against Ellis. This has since he has claimed, went on to be used as a weapon against him.

A statement from Maynard Lawson, Chief Business Development Officer of Thompson’s, has stated that Ellis was “asked to leave the property on behalf of our management team due to not having an appointment.”

HPS claimed that Ellis “presented very poor behavior towards our personnel” when he was being removed from the property.

KmSicJx.png

Screenshot taken from the Holland Private Security website

Alleged harassment 

“Now they are using that report against me on every other property that they protect, using it against me as proof that I'm a criminal that does bad things on people's property,” Ellis claimed when asked about the harassment he alleges is being levied against him. “ I can't even talk to their HR about their staff members being abusive towards me or abusing their power because it's the HR that wrote the false report on me.”

The summary of this series of events is that Ellis claims the report, which was created from the incident at Thompson’s, was done maliciously and is being used against him wherever possible to stop him from both interacting with future clients and also living his personal life.

“I can't meet any owners or business management, so I can offer them either my services as graphics designer or even be there for my own personal enjoyment.” - Moe Ellis

Ellis claims that this is depriving him of his income and the looming threat of arrest that he feels HPS are hanging over him were he to get ‘trapped’ by their guards would be the end of his professional career: “As soon as I step into the property that they guard, They will call 911 and get me arrested and abuse that report against [me].”

“Now I can't risk fighting them and going inside, because I will lose my licenses if I get arrested. Licenses that I need for my work. What is a guard without any legal firearm? I can't even guard someone without a guard card.” - Moe Ellis

HPS has denied all allegations of harassment. They have also claimed that Ellis was handing out fliers outside of HPS’s office in their statement to LSNN.

GIj4qdw.png

DSA fleet vehicles, alternative angle

The future

Business disputes aren't new. Mergers go ugly. Partnerships fall apart. Relationships sour.

But Ellis’ comments follow a seemingly expanding pattern of allegations of misconduct and unprofessionalism in private security companies in Los Santos. In this case, Ellis essentially accuses HPS of using their guards as henchmen to harass him.

“As you know about that criminal hiring thing that they did [a reference to a previous article by LSNN]. After being exposed, they instantly fired him.” - Moe Ellis

These are all claims that HPS has denied and for the most part, they’re very difficult claims to prove.

None of this will bring any solace to Moe Ellis, who still feels to this day that he can support himself while facing what he perceives as targeted harassment.

"How would you feel when you have fifteen grand in your bank and someone loaned you ninety grand to pay for the insurance and leases? I'm sure that guy wasn't born in this world to loan me money for no reason right, I've to pay them back but will this insurance and lease stop for me?" - Moe Ellis

Full statements from Holland Private Security and Thompson’s Company Limited are found below.  

Holland Private Security - Full Statement

Spoiler

unknown.png

Thompson's Company Limited - Full Statement

Spoiler

unknown.png

2OyH6Zd.png

> Comments are enabled

Username: 

Comment:

Edited by books

Username: Ralph Limovia

Comment: I'm talking as a current business partner with HPS as I own Limovia a company that provides concierge services and high end rides for both privates and businesses. Limovia and HPS started cooperating I believe 1 month ago and to this day HPS has always been professional and with really high standards. Mr. Ellis here is lucky that the businesses he entered without permission, and which asked him to leave, didn't file a police complaint on him for trepassing and I believe (as a guard) that if the owner request people to leave their property the guards that he/she hired have all the rights to enforce this request. Please tell Mr. Ellis that if he posses a Guard Card he should go back and study again the Guard Card's manual.