How did you learn about GTAW?

Been a long-timer in LSRP, however as of 4-5 years back had left it to focus on my professional career. About three days ago I fired up my steam and found many of people in my friend list from LS-RP days seem to be playing "GTA V".

I immediately knew that it couldn't be because of GTA Online and something good has come out for GTA V perhaps for me to look into. Did some detective work on their steam profiles and here I am.

• Upvote 1

Been a long timer admin in SARP and a Roleplayer in various others SAMP servers, recently I've heard about RAGE and FiveM and decided to give them a try.

I managed to join some other server (RAGE one), stood there for a month or a bit more but ended up being unpleasantly bored due the huge lack of Roleplay scenarios...despite the Cops vs Robbers enviroment.

That's when our beloved friend @JoeSlice introduced me to this beauty, and I'm really thankful for that.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

From a friend through a friend.

I had an old friend named Carlos who asked a friend named Felix if I would be on GTA V roleplay. At the time, the idea was almost an impossibility to me so I answered in the negative. But Felix persisted over several days. He eventually asked me to help him with something in the community; I created a forum account for that purpose, but I was still not intent on joining. A few days later, my intent changed.

• Applaud 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2019 at 5:25 AM, Midsummer Night's Dream said:

From a friend through a friend.

I had an old friend named Carlos who asked a friend named Felix if I would be on GTA V roleplay. At the time, the idea was almost an impossibility to me so I answered in the negative. But Felix persisted over several days. He eventually asked me to help him with something in the community; I created a forum account for that purpose, but I was still not intent on joining. A few days later, my intent changed.

Job,well done junoz ?

The fact that SAMP and MTA is a dieing thing (it wont attract new younger players) made me look for alternative, knew GTA V had rp community. I looked into voice rp but didn't like it that much, but when I saw that there is text based roleplay server like LSRP I couldn't resist. I just hope the server remains healthy, management profesional and smart about how they do things and interact with players.

Originally found out about it in April of 2018, no clue where or how, possibly from a MTA:RP community. Registered on the forums, found out you need a legit copy of GTAV to play and never bothered to buy it because of my mindset 'Wasting money on games is dumb'. 

Well, fast forward to April of 2019, I'm messaging a friend on discord and he starts sending me pictures of a car meet and mechanic roleplay on GTAW. I had some plans to buy a legit copy of GTAV even before that, but not really seriously, and I guess I finally changed my mind then and... now GTAW has one more copbaiter/robocop dude ?

Edited by Brian

2 years ago, from a friend of mine that loves to play on every roleplay server ever (he'd check on every roleplay server he could find). I was just playing SAMP back then and GTA online. He suddenly came to me like "Check this server out! it didn't have that many players but it's legit! been playing for hours now on this server" he said. At first, I was like "only 30 people? but if it's good then it's good so I have to check it out" and that's where I kinda fucked up my college  (not saying that it's the server/game's fault) ? and so I take a break for 2 years and came back now. And ohhh everything changed and 200 players?!