How did you learn about GTAW?

• 3 weeks later...

So, backstory:

Around... February? I got an advertisement while watching youtube about some RageMP server that was being released soon (not gonna name it). Wasn't really RP, more of a grindy GTA RPG. It said that they were gonna release around spring. So I just joined their discord and followed their development. I was excited, never played any form of custom GTA servers ever, RP or RPG, I was completely new to the custom GTA server stuff. So I was interested in seeing what this server is about.

Flash forward to March. That server finally released. And... It died within the first week. Game was extremely grindy. There was no RP. There were no established rules, so everyone was just playing like it was GTA Online again. It was also very poorly developed and had bugs all over the place and an overpriced lootbox system for car skins and clothing. Looking back, the server was absolute trash from the start. But I never tried any form of GTA custom servers or anything so I didn't had any standards to judge servers upon. 

Anyways. With that server gone, I started looking for a new server to play on, since I already have Rage downloaded and everything. That's when I discovered GTA World after some googling. Watched some gameplay videos from Klorontix. I realized GTA World was a server that I'd probably enjoy. It had everything I wanted in a server, a good community, lack of trolls, and Text-based RP.

So, I applied. 
And now I've got 350 hours within the span of 2 months and I absolutely can't stop playing. And I don't think I'll ever play any other server. 

I've started playing the regular GTA V multiplayer earlier this year and eventually realized how absurdly immersive that game could be with the right adjustments and proper mindset. That's when I looked into the RP servers that I knew were a thing, but never touched them myself since the vast majority of the servers I've heard of were pure voice RP.

After searching for a text-based RP server, I found GTAW and well, here I am!

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Played sa-mp RP servers for 12 years on and off - couldn't of been a better follow-up to it if you tried... For those who don't know a lot of the server features and mechanics derivative directly from sa-mp RP - It was in theory identical to what we have now concept wise, just a game from two generations before along with the capabilities which come with said generation.
After rage started making development progress I searched for a text rp server more closer to home with what we had at SA-MP and found this!

• 2 weeks later...