Upcoming Illegal Faction Changes

Bospy

Please do something about the 100 existing Motorcycle Clubs. 🙏

Most are just knockoffs of already existing factions on the server or real life clubs.

We all get it, people want to be their own boss and do whatever they want and show off how great and cool they are with 100 drug and gun deal posts, but mostly those factions just end up like their own personal Sons Of Anarchy series chasing after e-girls and pulling guns in the most basic confrontations/arguments because they can not take the L for once. Members are quickly recruited OOCly and thrown into the faction when starting up. Which results in the infamous "We've been here for 20 years." as they pop up out of nowhere, or a "Yeah, we got chapters all over the state.". And if one of their members gets CK'd? No problem, namechange and join as a Nomad or whatever again.

Giving players the option just pop out of nowhere with a new faction and be their own boss is a huge problem for existing faction who have put a lot of effort into their faction.
But who wants to be a Hangie or Prospect with (for example:) Vagos when they can kick off with their own little club and rock a fancy "President" patch, why working towards something when you can just make it right away, just needs some Photoshop skills and a pre-made logo from Google.

Sounds great, right? Well no...
People prefer going down that route instead of going down the character development route.
And in the entire time I've been around clubs (almost 3 years now) I can only say I've met two individuals who've had amazing characters, working themselves up from 0.

Before I end my little rant here, I want to say I do not mean to throw everyone on the same pile. I'm sure there's great factions out there, but for the most part it's a little frustrating to see a new gang around every corner acting like they've existed for ages when they just arrived two days ago. Especially when they're all doing the same and not really being unique.

Edited by Raven.
  • Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 4
5 hours ago, Raven. said:

Please do something about the 100 existing Motorcycle Clubs. 🙏

Most are just knockoffs of already existing factions on the server or real life clubs.

We all get it, people want to be their own boss and do whatever they want and show off how great and cool they are with 100 drug and gun deal posts, but mostly those factions just end up like their own personal Sons Of Anarchy series chasing after e-girls and pulling guns in the most basic confrontations/arguments because they can not take the L for once. Members are quickly recruited OOCly and thrown into the faction when starting up. Which results in the infamous "We've been here for 20 years." as they pop up out of nowhere, or a "Yeah, we got chapters all over the state.". And if one of their members gets CK'd? No problem, namechange and join as a Nomad or whatever again.

Giving players the option just pop out of nowhere with a new faction and be their own boss is a huge problem for existing faction who have put a lot of effort into their faction.
But who wants to be a Hangie or Prospect with (for example:) Vagos when they can kick off with their own little club and rock a fancy "President" patch, why working towards something when you can just make it right away, just needs some Photoshop skills and a pre-made logo from Google.

Sounds great, right? Well no...
People prefer going down that route instead of going down the character development route.
And in the entire time I've been around clubs (almost 3 years now) I can only say I've met two individuals who've had amazing characters, working themselves up from 0.

Before I end my little rant here, I want to say I do not mean to throw everyone on the same pile. I'm sure there's great factions out there, but for the most part it's a little frustrating to see a new gang around every corner acting like they've existed for ages when they just arrived two days ago. Especially when they're all doing the same and not really being unique.

See the only issue is that there's literally a shitton of smaller local clubs in Cali. I think that's kinda the point that people are able to create their own factions and enjoy their roleplay without joining a concept that they perceive as boring or simply stupid. You simply can't force people to join bigger factions just because. I believe the only reasonable approach however is to expect them to roleplay their size realistically. 

• Upvote 2
On 7/9/2021 at 8:18 AM, i dont wanna od in LA said:

See the only issue is that there's literally a shitton of smaller local clubs in Cali. I think that's kinda the point that people are able to create their own factions and enjoy their roleplay without joining a concept that they perceive as boring or simply stupid. You simply can't force people to join bigger factions just because. I believe the only reasonable approach however is to expect them to roleplay their size realistically. 

But most don’t. They roleplay as a National club with 2000 members and 90 chapters. 

• Upvote 1