Bulletproof Vests

DLimit

2 hours ago, LICE said:

But why would a legal rper need it? Seems only like illegals would want them and I'd just create silliness.

You have V.I.P. personnel, security agents. and pro-Right-Wing activists wearing them, on numerous occasions.  

59 minutes ago, Schadler17 said:

I'm gonna say heavy no, simply because your every day citizen, while they CAN own one legally, most likely wouldn't be wearing it out in public during their every day situations. The last thing I wanna do is drive through the hood and see every gangster on the corner wearing a bulletproof vest, let alone every legal RPer..

Just seems like another "I just wanna shoot longer without having to worry about getting downed as much" suggestions, imo.

Gang-bangers cannot access these vests through legal means, it'd have to be through illegal means. It would be much more challenging for one to attain. One could simply report people that wear body-armor, every day, when it's not needed.

14 hours ago, Fancy Toothpaste said:

It'd be realistic, but unbalanced. You'll end up with hit-squads that'll eat entire Swat Teams like we're playing PayDay 2.

L.E.O. armor would be stronger than civilian-level armor. Illegal roleplayers would only attain it through illegal suppliers, meaning that it would be scarce.

Yeah - no. It's going to be like hunting rifles, people will get robbed for their vests. Can you imagine how ridiculous that is and how ridiculous that sounds? I honestly don't trust the illegal community. You will eventually have a scenario with 4 gangbangers, coked up on 200hp will attack another gang and it'll be bonkers. Yeah sure you could implement rules but even one gangbanger coked up on 200hp with an AK is going to be an absolute menace.

If people stop thinking about the whole "gang members will have access to it" they've access to it in real life. If you want to balance it, make the supplier and P.F appliers have it automatically set to 50% armor, there's no need to cancel out role play opportunities for the entire server because people are scared of people they won't role play with having what they don't even circle their character around.

I understand there are pros and cons, more pros than cons but that's just my opinion. So in my final words, yes I support this.

• Upvote 3
3 hours ago, AlexFoe said:

If there is a way to balance it, there has to be a way to balance it like anything if it's to be implemented. But simply saying no because we don't "trust" the illegal community isn't exactly a fair way to go about it.

To be fair, we're talking about the same community that has so far attempted to justify hiding shotguns and baseball bats in their pants, and more recently baseball holders fitted to motorcycles and a VERY recent argument that shooting people near police stations is a-okay and not at all unrealistic.

I'm willing to support the inclusion of personal body armor on the condition that it offers no additional HP. Instead, wearing it would apply a simple modifier, specifically that as long as damage is received centermass from pistol and shotgun type cartridges to the point of being killed, the script will instead put the wearer in a downed state.

This is a decent fix to the whole "coked up and dressed for war" debate that's sure to happen, with a fundamental and unfortunate truth when it comes to body armor made available to civilians - the vest doesn't stop injury, and it doesn't give someone the miraculous ability to absorb more bullets before going down; it allows the wearer to go down and not die. 

Coke or not, if you're hit enough times by anything bigger than a .22 while wearing a vest, it's very rare you'll be conscious enough to roll around, much less continue fighting. The vests available to the public are to keep you from dying. You'll still have broken ribs, you'll still be put on the ground and rendered immobile...

All the vest helps with is determining whether you're alive or dead when you hit the ground.

Edited by DasFroggy

I say yes ONLY for those which currently hold a Guard Card. To even receive a GC you need to go through the Police Department as well as have a valid firearms license. Guards can wear the uniforms although it's simply for looks and provides no extra protection. I'd say yes as long as it's limited to one-two vests per week/month maybe with a GC as firearms with a PF etc? 

• Wuhtah locked this topic