Punishments for Auctions/Sales

The vehicles section has become a posting count bumping section. You can see users bidding on vehicles they cannot afford just to get their post count up. Back on RCRP on SAMP they used to punish people for not going through with their deals, usually temporary forum bans.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think that really matters..

You can always say "I don't need it anymore."

But if you go for the car to the point where you really bid and try to compete with the others, +1 for punishment.

This is a horrible idea, one I strongly despised on RCRP. People can cancel their bids in auctions in real life for one reason or another. There’s nothing that should stop people from being able to do so on here either. 

• 3 months later...

It’s hard to truly prove beyond a reasonable doubt that someone really is posting to raise their post count. People can make excuses. They ask friends for a loan and what have you. It’s very tough to crack down on and I’m not sure if we should investigate too deeply on this matter.

On 11/8/2021 at 3:32 AM, Zani said:

It’s hard to truly prove beyond a reasonable doubt that someone really is posting to raise their post count. People can make excuses. They ask friends for a loan and what have you. It’s very tough to crack down on and I’m not sure if we should investigate too deeply on this matter.

Not that it would matter, though. I've never really understood why some gaming communities (many of them, not just GTA/SAMP/RP ones) were so hard on "post-hunters". Honestly, who cares if someone has 100 posts or 1000 posts? As long it's not spamming or trolling, it shouldn't really matter.

But as others have pointed out, it's literally impossible to keep track of whether people can afford the vehicles they're bidding on or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe an alternative measure would be to have something like an option to dislike a bid. Say someone on here makes bids but then backs out after winning, he would get a dislike from the seller. Only the seller must have the privilege to like and dislike bids. Now if someone piles up several dislikes, we would know that he or she is not making serious bids or backing out left and right after participating in auctions willfully. Could work, but I have absolutely no clue how interfaces like that are made, so I apologize if I am sounding too naive about this 🙂