Change the time from real life to something else.

YouChef

23 minutes ago, xSkaikru said:

It's been suggested before, but it should remain as it is. It wouldn't really make much sense to have 3 day and night cycles in a day if you feel me.

Except it won't be that way, it will be that one day is night time and another day is day time. Right now it's always either day time or night time (depending on your timezone). So no it won't be that noticable or as fast as you think. It will give people who don't experience these times a chance to actually experience them.

3 minutes ago, YouChef said:

I wish people would give a valid argument to how would this affect the game negatively instead of replying with the same shit over and over.

Don't hate me buddy, I'm just replying with that because I can't give any more reacts today.

But if you want a valid argument against it, I played on a SA-MP server where they actually had this idea. It was pretty annoying. You couldn't time anything realistically, events would be all over the place. For businesses, it doesn't change the peak time players are on, so you'd be seeing nightclubs opening at like 6 in the morning some days. Overall, it was just kinda shitty, and about half the server hated it. You weren't really experiencing nighttime, because everything that would normally happen in the middle of the day is now happening during the middle of the night because people aren't going to just not play because of the in-game time. It's a suggestion that has good intentions, but would just play out badly. Sorry.

2 minutes ago, Codac said:

Don't hate me buddy, I'm just replying with that because I can't give any more reacts today.

But if you want a valid argument against it, I played on a SA-MP server where they actually had this idea. It was pretty annoying. You couldn't time anything realistically, events would be all over the place. For businesses, it doesn't change the peak time players are on, so you'd be seeing nightclubs opening at like 6 in the morning some days. Overall, it was just kinda shitty, and about half the server hated it. You weren't really experiencing nighttime, because everything that would normally happen in the middle of the day is now happening during the middle of the night because people aren't going to just not play because of the in-game time. It's a suggestion that has good intentions, but would just play out badly. Sorry.

I guess that makes sense.

No sorry! I understand that some people cannot see mornings and others can't see nights. However, given the amount there is to do on the server - regardless if it's open businesses or not - there is ALWAYS something to do even with what time it is. 

Some people cannot roleplay "waking up" at the morning time - I am one of those people since my timezone is 4 hours behind the server's time zone. However, I have no issue "waking up" at 8pm server time because realistically, some people work different shifts IRL - same would go on the server.

It will also make it a bit funky scriptwise I believe when coming to paychecks on the server. Right now it's 1:1 - the game developers would have to take this into account and to be honest, it's not worth doing it - from my perspective at least. 

😞 Sorry.

1 hour ago, YouChef said:

How the fuck is it confusing? You'll just have day time sometimes and other times night time, why would that confuse you and why would it affect you in any negative way? It just gives people the opportunity to experience both Day time and Night time. Not really fair that I have to be restricted due to being in another timezone, I want to RP at night as well like others do. So I don't see what's your issue with this being implemented.

It’s going to be more difficult to plan business openings, and to practically plan anything in the future. Also calm down lol. 

Edited by Rushing
  • Developer
8 hours ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

Been suggested a million times and denied every single time, I think it should stay the way it is.

First guy said the right answer.

To add to this. All IC systems work on IRL times. Its going to be a big cluster**** if we have to note down which time of IG time something happened. Especially for LEO factions.

• Upvote 1