Are long /me's signs of a good roleplayer?

mojojojo

7 minutes ago, Petey said:

Screenshot_1244.png

No words from me.

I don't know if you're Bae, but this is a textbook example of a bad role player who thinks they are good.

How/Why?

1) Long and pretentious emotes.

2) Emoting out thoughts and feelings as if people can mind read, just so they can better push their own narrative on the situation. Insulting other characters in emotes, etc. People are literally not mind readers, stop telling them how stupid they are in emotes, it makes you look stupid. Shit like this is you just being borderline (not really borderline) a passive aggressive fellow who brings OOC into IC.

Edited by SCANDALOUZ
  • Upvote 2
9 minutes ago, Thirteen said:

Granted, I can only speak for myself here, but my tattoo RP is basically like, 80% conversations with 20% of /me's sprinkled in. Because just bombarding the customer with emotes, without giving them the opportunity to feel included into the scenario, will just ruin the experience.  

Well, that depends sometimes I get customers who do nothing for the entire sesh, so I just emote and emote.

Just now, SCANDALOUZ said:

I don't know if you're Bae, but this is a textbook example of a bad role player who thinks they are good.

How/Why?

1) Long and pretentious emotes.

2) Emoting out thoughts and feelings as if people can mind read, just so they can better push their own narrative on the situation. Insulting other characters in emotes, etc.

I'm not Bae, thank god. And yes I agree.

long /mes are for elitist just trying to flex their vocabulary. anyone who thinks long mes determine how "good" a roleplay is simply ignorant. these people thrive off of shoving their idea of "good" roleplay into everyone's throat and it needs to stop. roleplay is for everyone, regardless of their background and not everyone has a vocabulary set comparative to a university professor with a PHD in english. as long as youre roleplaying realistically with regards to your surroundings and background, you should be good.

21 minutes ago, Petey said:

Screenshot_1244.png

No words from me.

This is actually AD&D style often used in fantasy roleplay. Yes roleplay actually has styles or types as well. It's called descriptive narration and it is directly borrowed from screenplaying.

Edited by Engelbert

I would personally say that a long /me doesn't make a good /me. Quality over quantity, always always always. I've seen a lot of people write 250 char /me's that just contain pointless details which do not contribute to the roleplay at all.

3 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

This is actually AD&D style often used in fantasy roleplay. Yes roleplay actually has styles or types as well. It's called descriptive narration and it is directly borrowed from screenplaying.

Nah it's bad. It's biased, oocly passive aggressive and showcasing thought as if ppl could mind read.

• Wuhtah locked this topic