Age/Weight and Height customisation

Penguin

Hello beautiful people, wanted to start this discussion since I seen that it was never created and hear out your opinions and ideas.

Do you guys think it will ever be possible to edit charaecters age (talking about the actual age in game like it is on the Sims), weight and height? Now I know some are gonna say that we can just RP it (I know others will say you can just add I can add wrinkles for the age etc but I'm not talking about that). I just want to know if it will ever be possible on GTA 5 or maybe only on Rage MP somehow? Share your ideas homies (and developers) because I think if that was implimented somehow it will bring a LOT of possibilities of characters development.

Edited by A Random Penguin

I believe it's fully doable, it would just require an extra-ordinary amount of effort. To break it down; if new clothes can be added, so new "torsos" can be added as well. What does that mean in practice? If somebody actually took their time and make an underweight and overweight version of every single torso, every single shirt, every single undershit and every single pants model then had it added to the server (bare in mind that you'd have to do it for both female and male characters) it could be used along with the "fat" heads/faces that RageMp already allows you to create. So, to give you a better understanding of it; somebody would have to essentially make a shitton of models, rig them, texture them, TEST them and eventually compile them into a dlc.rpf and then all of it would have to be scripted on the server. As for height - same process, just more extensive. 
In other words, while I'd love this to happen I don't think it's ever going to be feasible unless people making this pack would be paid as for an actual dayjob. I don't see any other solution, because it really would require extensive resources and insane amount of effort, skill, experience and knowledge.

• Upvote 1

It's possible but not with current clothes and torsos, for this the modder would have to modify thousands of existing GTAO models, but could create a fatter, taller, slimmer or lower model,  would also have to adjust the skeleton of said body, basically, the modder will need a lot of time and I doubt anyone wants to spend that much time for anything.

• Upvote 1

Aging a character (visually) is already possible via /surgery (face creation).
Pretty sure there's a literal AGING slider, and you can generally play around with the rest to make an older face.
Combine that with grey hair or whatever and there you have it.

Being able to (visually) edit height and weight would be amazing, but it will probably be a huge amount of work.
Nobody has mentioned the real character customisation MVP yet though. Cup size. When?
Little Seoul will be on fire.

Also, you're just a random penguin. Why the hell should we listen to you at all?

Edited by SCANDALOUZ
  • Upvote 2
29 minutes ago, Jennie said:

It's possible but not with current clothes and torsos, for this the modder would have to modify thousands of existing GTAO models, but could create a fatter, taller, slimmer or lower model,  would also have to adjust the skeleton of said body, basically, the modder will need a lot of time and I doubt anyone wants to spend that much time for anything.

Shouldn't there just be a shrinking option rather than remodeling everything?

47 minutes ago, Jennie said:

exactly this

6 minutes ago, A Random Penguin said:

Shouldn't there just be a shrinking option rather than remodeling everything?

Menyoo has a utility that allows you to make your character smaller, I don't know if it would be possible on the server, but in a more rudimentary way it would be necessary to modify each and every one of the pieces that make up a GTAO body, includes: torso, shirts, undershirts, pants, shoes, and it would even be necessary to check if the height of the accessories remains in its position or they would also have to be modified.

1 hour ago, Jennie said:

Menyoo has a utility that allows you to make your character smaller, I don't know if it would be possible on the server, but in a more rudimentary way it would be necessary to modify each and every one of the pieces that make up a GTAO body, includes: torso, shirts, undershirts, pants, shoes, and it would even be necessary to check if the height of the accessories remains in its position or they would also have to be modified.

I think it might work because the body parts get setup on the model itself, or maybe they can just add like 5 default peds with 5 different heights and weights idk but yeah we'll see other suggestions maybe some modelers or scripters can talk it more.

• Wuhtah locked this topic