RPing owned properties after name change?

Rhexy

So your character just got CK'd and you changed the name to start over... but you have properties and cars left over from your previous character. How do you RP the properties? Do you sell them before you start or incorporate them in some way?

I seen people using properties over and over on new alts like that bar in Sandy that was ran by Outlaws and Satans and now Hessians. Idk how that can make sense but yeah, I personally would give it max two shots if it doesn't work I'll just sell the business or ask for a property move.

If possible I try to arrange for wherever my new character will live before I sell my house. Preferably before NCing or shortly after. I'd use the same property though if I had a character that the house fit for. Definitely not just delete and start over though, far too much of a pain to get a real house on the server. 

So I've never personally continued businesses on to new characters but I understand the reasoning why and as long as the assets make sense for the new character I don't see an issue with it. 

Frankly, dealing with Property Management is a fucking headache. Now I understand there's only so many people on the team and I'm in no way trying to bash them, I'm just pointing out what I've experienced. If I'm trying to hit the ground running with a new character or a new faction, it can take weeks just for my property request to be processed and that's a crucial period when any faction needs to be picking up steam if it's going to survive. So yeah if I have the property I need already and I have a plan of action for it? It's a much easier route that 95% of the time presents no issues.

However, personally I believe that this should only be reserved for properties you need for your new faction to hit the ground running. What I'm not a fan of is the constant cycle of businesses being handed off between the same 5 factions or players. Hold on to whatever you need and let the rest go back to the server to be recycled. 

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

When it comes to non-business-related properties, if the property is suitable for my new character? Then, I'll keep it. If not? Then, I'll sell it. Unfortunately, I have to create some weird story claiming that the character has once owned it, when in the process of selling it. After it's sold? I usually treat it like the character never owned it.

I sit on them for a while while my new character develops and I get a feel for the concept I want to play with them, then sell. I usually don't plan out my characters beyond the most basic outline and I see where it takes me, but I always need a fresh start and a new environment to build in the quirks and details of my new characters. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic