Yelp-like IC review site.

Quirk

After spending some time in game and familiarizing myself with all of the available social applications such as FaceBrowser and QuickDate, and additionally - after having an "unpleasant experience" through acting like a Karen in a opened business - I realized that there is a large potential for a Yelp-like review app/website to be brought onto the server. I'm not currently familiar with anything alike, and while I do know about the business postings on the forums - I feel like a FaceBrowser and QuickDate-like website that is accessible through the in game phone would be a great benefit to roleplay on the server!

For example, people could log their interactions in businesses available on the Yelp-like app in order to both give positive and negative reviews - both marketing and letting other players know IC what businesses are like and what they offer.

Businesses, for example, could "join" the app as "administrators" and put their location, pictures, and menus on the Yelp-like website, and then they could also additionally potentially pay to be featured on the site through IC means (or OOC just like the in game advertising system works) in order to market their business openings and raise general awareness of the business. Additionally, this could affect business owners due to the fact that, in the case that they would be looking to re-sell their business, they could have the "up" of having a well-established business with a good rating on the Yelp-like application, or on the downside - they could have a harder time selling a business that had negative reviews - which would ultimately motivate businesses to both hire better employees, and perform better overall in order to keep their ratings high. I say this following two scenarios in game where I saw customers complaining about (for example, if a business has an employee who knows nothing about said business, such as not knowing the business menu - people, who already complain IC, could have a chance to review the business on the app if it is there).

Also! Alongside the option to add businesses to the application as a business-owner, individuals could also potentially add businesses as consumers - which would stay unclaimed until a business owner tries to claim them (with OOC approval to avoid trolling through claiming someone elses business, and spam, etc).

Aside from my blob of text, I feel like there is a large potential for something like this to happen! While this could in theory be added to the FaceBrowser app itself just like Facebook business reviews - it would be really cool if it was added alone! Please let me know what you guys think about this and any other potential additions to the idea! 🙂

Currently, most businesses will post a review template on their business forum post. I agree though, it would be cool to have a sub-forum or a website like FB and QD to review IG businesses.

+1 if possible and not too hard to create.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/1/2021 at 3:50 PM, MAK0 said:

Currently, most businesses will post a review template on their business forum post. I agree though, it would be cool to have a sub-forum or a website like FB and QD to review IG businesses.

+1 if possible and not too hard to create.

4 hours ago, eTaylor said:

Neither is the internet and yet here we are. Support +++

I mean like there's a plenty of websites already (FB, QD and other player-hosted IC services) and I'm also pretty sure that the FB module has a reviews module. I rather meant it being not very feasible at the moment (as it's expensive to get a license for such service and then also host and moderate it), rather than being unnecessary.

If people were able to post reviews of various ingame services, particularly any degree of description which would allow future and/or current clients to see the quality of service they can expect, my lawyer character would never see a single red cent for the rest of time itself. Even her insurance would probably have second thoughts a out paying her.

I support this proposal.

+1

Edited by DasFroggy
You just lost the game
31 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

I mean like there's a plenty of websites already (FB, QD and other player-hosted IC services) and I'm also pretty sure that the FB module has a reviews module. I rather meant it being not very feasible at the moment (as it's expensive to get a license for such service and then also host and moderate it), rather than being unnecessary.

I didn’t read what you posted here but I’m sure it was epic, still support +++

• Kyra locked this topic