Character Design & Hiding behind Offensive Roleplay Rules

SCANDALOUZ

17 pages in and I've only seen 1-2 users formulate an actual counter-argument on as to why we shouldn't at the very least exempt illegal characters from denying offensive-rp FTB (so denying the consequences of such rp, e.g. dismemberment).

The rest are either:

- Support

- Just no (not much of a case)

- I feel, but I'unno

- YA'LL ARE JUST PREDATORS WOW

- Here for the shitposting

Interesting.

Edited by SCANDALOUZ

People are terrible at escalation and will use that to render characters unplayable or ineffective when they can't get CK perms. Or they just want to get edgy for the screenshots or to expose how dark and troubled their character is and how badass and merciless their faction is.

Put it behind an app or it'll be a horror show.

• Upvote 3

this is something you need a character sheet for, where you set a permanent character-wide option on whether you're fine with that sort of roleplay or not, with changes only possible through staff.

see the issue here? you cant have ooc knowledge of everybody's character. either ban that kind of roleplay outright, make factions get permissions for it from their members same as ck perms or create a public sheet of what the character is privy to.

its an issue that has no viable resolution besides monitoring and proactive staff intervention, and we all know how that pans out half the time

So rape is banned. Good. That's good. Sure. But as for everything else?

All I'm going to say is that the game you're playing is rated M.

If you're not mature enough to handle mature content; if it makes you feel "icky" or "triggered", then you shouldn't be here. 

That's why games have a rating system. You can always go RP on GMod or Habbo.

Edited by NickyW
20 minutes ago, NickyW said:

All I'm going to say is that the game you're playing is rated M.

If you're not mature enough to handle mature content; if it makes you feel "icky" or "triggered", then you shouldn't be here. 

That's why games have a rating system. You can always go RP on GMod or Habbo.

Massive leap in logic.

I could be a mature individual who can handle "mature" content but not be comfortable playing out an event where my character's viciously brutalized, broken down and tortured in graphic detail, something like that would fall under an AO rating and something you wouldn't see in base GTA 5 but could easily happen on GTAW as the majority of events are allowed to play out as they would realistically IRL and obviously that's off limits. Think the notorious cartel "Funkytown" video as an example which could easily be recreated in GTAW with proper justification.

We have rule 9 for a reason, you're well within your right to feel "icky" and "triggered" if something horrible and graphic is about to be accurately and realistically described to you, if you have a problem with that you should consider where you're playing and what you willfully signed up for when creating an account, filling in an application and ultimately being accepted with the understanding you've read the rules and understood the environment you're playing in.

16 minutes ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

Massive leap in logic.

I could be a mature individual who can handle "mature" content but not be comfortable playing out an event where my character's viciously brutalized, broken down and tortured in graphic detail, something like that would fall under an AO rating and something you wouldn't see in base GTA 5 but could easily happen on GTAW as the majority of events are allowed to play out as they would realistically IRL and obviously that's off limits. Think the notorious cartel "Funkytown" video as an example which could easily be recreated in GTAW with proper justification.

We have rule 9 for a reason, you're well within your right to feel "icky" and "triggered" if something horrible and graphic is about to be accurately and realistically described to you, if you have a problem with that you should consider where you're playing and what you willfully signed up for when creating an account, filling in an application and ultimately being accepted with the understanding you've read the rules and understood the environment you're playing in.

> "if you have a problem with that you should consider where you're playing and what you willfully signed up for when creating an account, filling in an application and ultimately being accepted with the understanding you've read the rules and understood the environment you're playing in."

Uh. Yeah. Exactly. That's kind of my point? You're playing in a community based around a game where killing people is not only commonplace, but is a core gameplay mechanic. Thank you for beautifully illustrating my point. I thought you disagreed with me lol, but that sentence perfectly sums up my opinion, so thank you for writing it out for me.

> "character's viciously brutalized, broken down and tortured in graphic detail, something like that would fall under an AO rating and something you wouldn't see in base GTA 5"

Have you played GTA 5? There's a very graphic, detailed torture scene in the game. The game that's rated M...not AO.

Again. If you aren't comfortable with mature content, then maybe don't play a game that's rated M for mature. There's plenty of games out there that will cater to your sensibilities.

If I'm uncomfortable with swearing, should we ban swearing? 

2 minutes ago, Fancy Toothpaste said:

Ah, yes. Peak logic. Saying mean words and drilling ice picks into somebody's balls are clearly on the same tier of vulgarity.

They literally are.

They are both the exact same tier of vulgarity. 

Example A is an offensive word or phrase. Example B is an offensive word or phrase.

No one is watching it lmao it's text. They are definitionally the same thing. Vulgar text.

I have no idea what you were thinking responding like that lol

Edited by NickyW