Dashboard Cameras

Farmer

So as I was told, in order to use the footage which I claim to be from the car digital video recorder, I must have evidence of it being installed. However, this raised a few questions for me. 

Can my character just do it on their own? If not, where does it have to be installed?

Do I need to have a video recorder as an ITEM in my vehicle too? If yes, where do I get it?

Thanks in Advance

5 minutes ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

From what I understood, and granted, it's been a while since I've heard anything about it, only LEO's and FD could utilize dashcams.

If that's incorrect, by all means, correct the statement. But I know at one point that civilians couldn't use them.

Pretty sure I can. I received some information from an admin but very little, therefore I am here now hah

Just roleplay installing it (which is super simple to do. Most use the round 12V ports in cars for power) keep a screenshot of this roleplay, and use that to prove to an admin / another party that you aren't making the dashcam up on the spot for convenience when it's needed. 

A few days ago I had a customer at the parts store my character works at, she was ordering dashcams for her vehicles.
We role-played it and delivered it to her a few days later. I guess that'd be the best approach.

Most important thing is to actually role-play it, make a screenshot of it with /time, save it somewhere in case you'll face a player report because of it one day.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...
  • timid locked this topic