[Guide] Play 4K at 60 FPS (nvidia)

Guest Ingram

So, I have tried this out now and did everything (I hope) just like you have said, though I'm still only between 45-50 FPS. I as well went afterwards with the ENB try, but it stood on the same result. Now I'm about to try the ENB as well to see if does some changes for me considering the FPS in a debuff.

Actually without the ENB currently between 30-40 FPS, just like before.

Edited by Robby
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

What is your budget?

Don't really have a budget, I'll be honest, my knowledge in computers is 0, I hardly know my own specs. I don't want to buy bad stuff for cheap, I'd rather buy something decent for more and enjoy it. So yeah, no exact budget, I'll be looking into something good that's not overpriced.

Guest Ingram
58 minutes ago, Robby said:

So, I have tried this out now and did everything (I hope) just like you have said, though I'm still only between 45-50 FPS. I as well went afterwards with the ENB try, but it stood on the same result. Now I'm about to try the ENB as well to see if does some changes for me considering the FPS in a debuff.

Actually without the ENB currently between 30-40 FPS, just like before.

What are your spec?

4 minutes ago, Ingram said:

What are your spec?

Monitor: LG ULTRA HD 27UD68 IPS 4K
Graphiccard: GeForce® GTX 970 GAMING 4G - 4096MB
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.00GHz
RAM: 16,00GB Dua-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz
Motherboard: MSI Z97 GAMING 3 (MS-7918)
Storage: 238GB Crucial_CT256MX100SSD1 ATA Device (SSD)
1836GB Western Digital WDC WD20EZRX-00D8PB0 ATA Device (SATA)

Edited by Robby

Nothing noticeable, maybe I have done something wrong.

1. I went into the game, lowered all the settings down as far as I could and set the resolution to 4K. (I changed the settings over GTMP with the "P" button to enter options)

2.  I honestly went first into NVIDIA CP and did the changes you wrote down, but I doubt it makes a difference since NUMBER 3, is separated from NUMBER 2.

3. I went into GeForce Experience, set the option to the lowest, made sure that the resolution is still on 4K (I have kept my GTA V in there under the options as well in Windowed Borderless Fullscreen mode, perhaps that is a problem?)

4.  After that, I went in-game and made the changes in-game which you wrote down. (As well over GTMP with the "P" button.)

5. Then I installed the ENB, simply copied the files in and set the limiter over Shift+Enter to 60 FPS, saved the config and applied it afterwards.

After all these steps I have got no proper changes. Even changing the resolution from 4K back down to 1920x1080 doesn't make a single difference. I'm currently in the process of installing the REDUX ENB as a friend of mine uses this on the server and he has no FPS difference, he as well is stuck on 35-45 FPS, though he hasn't used your FPS fix here.

Does raising the GTA V process priority on start and disabling CEF have an impact on what I just did too? (In the GTMP launcher)

Edited by Robby

I did indeed select "Use the Advanced 3D settings", I did all my changes though under the Nvidia CP settings under Grand Theft Auto V, and not the global ones as I don't want to bother other game settings I have put in place. 

Do you mean this by Advanced 3D Settings?:

https://i.gyazo.com/6c815b1085bc8581eb6e8babd1eb0a03.png

Well yeah I just tried out what you said, 4K really doesn't work in Borderless. So I turned on Fullscreen and went on 4K, but I got about 5-15 FPS in SP. I want to play on 1920x1080 anyways.

Edited by Robby
Guest Ingram

Your spec seem to be fine enough to run the game on 4k with lowest settings, they're almost as mine and I definitely don't have 15 FPS. I also use Windows 7, so I don't know if that's the reason.