How to get into illegal RP?

Pruto

10 hours ago, JordanM said:

Pretty weird statement considering clubs like Vagos and Mongols are known for having ex Surenos in their ranks.

That's true, I was referring specifically to the jack-of-all characters who are somehow involved in everything. I probably should have worded it differently considering that specific combination does exist.

2 hours ago, Large Hazard said:

That's true, I was referring specifically to the jack-of-all characters who are somehow involved in everything. I probably should have worded it differently considering that specific combination does exist.

Ahh ok, I get what you mean dude my bad.

considering how most players keep their characters for short periods, i'm surprised this server doesn't have a direct "looking for rp" section where people can come together and create characters + group backstories, knowing that there's probably several people looking for the same kind of rp as yours but you're just not finding each other, when you've got numbers it makes it much easier to approach other rp situations/groups

the counterargument here is probably going to be "find them icly" and some other advice that only applies to people who have 5+ hours a day free to play on gtaw, or those fortunate enough to be on an appropriate timezone

i've had several chances to group up with people to form a new rp group and roaming with them was miles better than approaching people solo, but i found these people by luck and through people i already knew, newer players are not always nearly this lucky

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, shaobadman said:

considering how most players keep their characters for short periods, i'm surprised this server doesn't have a direct "looking for rp" section where people can come together and create characters + group ba[...] nearly this lucky

It kinda straddles the line of meta-gaming. Most RP games and communities allow it. It's seen as the kind of MG that has a low chance of causing problems, and a high chance of helping new players create cool stories (instead of having to go to random clubs and hope for the best). 

Also, let's be honest, it's how a lot of factions actually are formed right now. Except instead of being done in the open, it's done on small Discords with no admins :x 

I can get why it's not allowed here - there are games where manipulation and luck of the draw are important (e.g.: Vampire the Masquerade). But kinda like weed, it might be better on the long run to legalize and regulate it better, since a lot of people are doing it anyway 😛 

Edited by Topinambour
19 hours ago, Topinambour said:

It kinda straddles the line of meta-gaming. Most RP games and communities allow it. It's seen as the kind of MG that has a low chance of causing problems, and a high chance of helping new players create cool stories (instead of having to go to random clubs and hope for the best). 

Also, let's be honest, it's how a lot of factions actually are formed right now. Except instead of being done in the open, it's done on small Discords with no admins :x 

I can get why it's not allowed here - there are games where manipulation and luck of the draw are important (e.g.: Vampire the Masquerade). But kinda like weed, it might be better on the long run to legalize and regulate it better, since a lot of people are doing it anyway 😛 

I don't think that can be considered to be metagaming. Whoever joins a faction gets the information from an OOC medium, creates a character according to a set of rules members of said faction follow and go to a specific area or business in order to role-play with these people. The whole process takes place OOCly as much as it does ICly, and that's not a bad thing at all. There would be no other way for anyone to join a faction, especially an illegal one - think of a group of people from Hong Kong who live in Hawick and run a small bar there. The chance of someone creating a Hong Kong native or child of, in a specific social class, with specific interests, who would somehow find this exact area or business and role-play with the right people is basically 0.

A "looking for RP" topic or sub-section would actually be a pretty cool thing. If anything, it would create more role-play. I imagine that unless you know enough people, creating some new and unique role-play is pretty hard to do.

1 minute ago, Mahitto said:

I don't think that can be considered to be metagaming. Whoever joins a faction gets the information from an OOC medium, creates a character according to a set of rules members of said faction follow and go to a specific area or business in order to role-play with these people. The whole process takes place OOCly as much as it does ICly, and that's not a bad thing at all. There would be no other way for anyone to join a faction, especially an illegal one - think of a group of people from Hong Kong who live in Hawick and run a small bar there. The chance of someone creating a Hong Kong native or child of, in a specific social class, with specific interests, who would somehow find this exact area or business and role-play with the right people is basically 0.

A "looking for RP" topic or sub-section would actually be a pretty cool thing. If anything, it would create more role-play. I imagine that unless you know enough people, creating some new and unique role-play is pretty hard to do.

this sums it up quite well

it's not much different to what players already do when they plan a character out anyway, i wouldn't even suggest it usually but since learning that the majority of players here use short term characters and frequently dispose of them

the proposed forum section would speed up the process of linking players together and gauge appeal for their rp ideas, instead of individuals wondering whether they should or shouldn't pursue a character since time availability to work it out isn't infinite for everybody

• Wuhtah locked this topic