How to get into illegal RP?

Pruto

On 12/28/2021 at 10:38 AM, Kassandra said:

This happened to me, just.

I'd planned to move into the block, had the right kind of character, settle down, have the character become part of the community and likely become a peripheral part of it, use drugs, hang out the usual.

Second I walked in.

"Who is you? Run yo pockets." 

Well guess my character isn't moving in there, then. Hopefully some other block is a little less immediately hostile for the sake of $500. 

I think that's one of the most difficult things about this. On the one hand, these neighbourhoods should feel dangerous if you're not a known face. On the other, how is a character meant to settle in and become part of that community if the second they appear, they're robbed in a real low-effort interaction?

Welcome to illegal roleplay. Prepare to also be stabbed, shot, and continually robbed and killed for walking down a street. Oh, and if you complain about it, you're a bad roleplayer. Enjoy. 

• Applaud 1
On 1/7/2022 at 11:14 AM, 2Tall said:

Welcome to illegal roleplay. Prepare to also be stabbed, shot, and continually robbed and killed for walking down a street. Oh, and if you complain about it, you're a bad roleplayer. Enjoy. 

Or you get mocked ooc for roleplaying anything other than stereotypical (M) Davis banger crip who commits crimes 24/7, especially when you have a legal job on the side. Like there are other types of criminal, many actually hold legal jobs and live relatively normal lives while sometimes committing crimes on the side.

I dunno if I'll ever rp as part of a st gang, honestly I'm starting to prefer organized criminals(bikers, triads, mafias, and dodgy businessmen). I've just had better interactions with OCs criminals over ST gang criminals. Not to say that there aren't good st gang rpers, but most seem a bit too hostile to outsiders on their turf. However, I guess it's somewhat realistic for them to be extremely territorial.

Edited by El Bandito
44 minutes ago, El Bandito said:

Or you get mocked ooc for roleplaying anything other than stereotypical (M) Davis banger crip who commits crimes 24/7, especially when you have a legal job on the side. Like there are other types of criminal, many actually hold legal jobs and live relatively normal lives while sometimes committing crimes on the side.

I dunno if I'll ever rp as part of a st gang, honestly I'm starting to prefer organized criminals(bikers, triads, mafias, st gangsters who got out of the hood, and white collar crims). I've just had better interactions with OCs criminals over ST gang criminals. Not to say that there aren't good st gang rpers, but most seem a bit too hostile to outsiders on their turf. However, I guess it's somewhat realistic for them to be extremely territorial.

Its incredibly unfortunate illegal and legal roleplay is forcibly segregated. As a huge fan of LCN and OC, it's incredibly sad to see the state of mob roleplay on the server. Because of this concrete separation of illegal and legal roleplay, LCN crews are reduced to incredibly boring and downright silly roleplay. I have even see LCN crews (not criticizing them, they are simply dealing with the same issue as the rest of us) go around and run a "scam charity" in which they basically just beg for money. This server treats itself extremely seriously, but in reality there is so little RP for illegal factions its no wonder why murder and robbery are the two main passtimes of criminals. Criminals have legal sources of income, they don't just make money and buy houses by selling stolen PF guns a hundred times at age 14. Very sad to see

20 minutes ago, 2Tall said:

Its incredibly unfortunate illegal and legal roleplay is forcibly segregated. As a huge fan of LCN and OC, it's incredibly sad to see the state of mob roleplay on the server. Because of this concrete separation of illegal and legal roleplay, LCN crews are reduced to incredibly boring and downright silly roleplay. I have even see LCN crews (not criticizing them, they are simply dealing with the same issue as the rest of us) go around and run a "scam charity" in which they basically just beg for money. This server treats itself extremely seriously, but in reality there is so little RP for illegal factions its no wonder why murder and robbery are the two main passtimes of criminals. Criminals have legal sources of income, they don't just make money and buy houses by selling stolen PF guns a hundred times at age 14. Very sad to see

I dunno if it's that forcibly segregated? I've seen wannabe Italian wiseguys(not made guys) try to squeeze their way into management positions of electronic stores with intimidation to force out a former black gang banger manager who got out of the hood, bikers who own nightclubs + act as unofficial security, triads doing drug deals in a tea place, and I've also got my own IC legal drama occurring in my legitimate workplace involving a mysterious vandal who goes by the moniker "Uncle".

Seems like a problem where some aspects of the illegal community have a lack of an imagination, but I don't know if it is as widespread as you say it is? Although I've personally only interacted with lower level members these factions, who are mostly newish players trying to get by using both illegal and legal means out of necessity to survive financially. 

22 hours ago, TinyPotato said:

imho the elephant in the room is many illegal factions dont really have interest in u getting involved if ur not in their ooc buddy clique, especially in factions where their discord is more active n meaningful then their IG presence

based take

On 1/7/2022 at 4:46 AM, TinyPotato said:

2 answer more seriously

imho the elephant in the room is many illegal factions dont really have interest in u getting involved if ur not in their ooc buddy clique, especially in factions where their discord is more active n meaningful then their IG presence, but this is a blessing in disguise as these ppl suck and usually just RP for screenshots when they do even "RP".

tbqh you shouldnt want to get involved in those factions either, if u want to get into illegal rp via a faction u should really consider if theyre actually worth ur time. usually for every 3-4 ooc driven factions there's 1 with a semblance of trying to RP first and foremost and not be a 3d discord club with DM-spice. my biggest "RP regrets" are timewasting with people who's standards are lower than mine when it comes to being here to RP & not use RP-servers as a replacement for ur lack of ooc social life.

illegal rp isnt exactly gatekept by factions either; u dont need to join el varrio ranchos loquitas 13 to rp a hispanic criminal, it takes effort/time but u can just start buying/selling dope, meeting people, hatching little robbery schemes and create ur own IC network and form ur own cliques/groups to do crimes. considering how trash most factions are this is what i prefer to do unless there's a rare faction that doesn't suck (super rare)

this is actually mostly true. the sheer amount of OOC was the biggest reason I stopped rping. it's amazing how few people are actually here to rp

and a couple other communities I could name aren't much better

On 1/6/2022 at 6:46 PM, TinyPotato said:

2 answer more seriously

imho the elephant in the room is many illegal factions dont really have interest in u getting involved if ur not in their ooc buddy clique, especially in factions where their discord is more active n meaningful then their IG presence, but this is a blessing in disguise as these ppl suck and usually just RP for screenshots when they do even "RP".

tbqh you shouldnt want to get involved in those factions either, if u want to get into illegal rp via a faction u should really consider if theyre actually worth ur time. usually for every 3-4 ooc driven factions there's 1 with a semblance of trying to RP first and foremost and not be a 3d discord club with DM-spice. my biggest "RP regrets" are timewasting with people who's standards are lower than mine when it comes to being here to RP & not use RP-servers as a replacement for ur lack of ooc social life.

illegal rp isnt exactly gatekept by factions either; u dont need to join el varrio ranchos loquitas 13 to rp a hispanic criminal, it takes effort/time but u can just start buying/selling dope, meeting people, hatching little robbery schemes and create ur own IC network and form ur own cliques/groups to do crimes. considering how trash most factions are this is what i prefer to do unless there's a rare faction that doesn't suck (super rare)

And this is exactly the reason why I just rp independent rather than be in a faction. It's a lot of OOC friend groups in a faction that are more screenshot rpers rather than actually be ingame. 🤷🏽‍♀️

And they are quick to cast you out of a faction If you don't rp like how they want you to rp.

Edited by Nani mo Iranai
  • Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic