How to get into illegal RP?

Pruto

As said above, it all depends on the surroundings and who you affiliate yourself with realistically. My advice is joining a crew under that faction's Discord, or the faction's Discord itself as they're more likely to help you and give you advice as to how you'd realistically get involved.

For street gangs: Normally you're born and raised in that area, and you get put on (get membership) anywhere from 14 to 19 years old. 

For MCs: Normally your character is a bike enthusiast, maybe works a bar or garage where a club hangs out or meets someone from the club and gets supporter gear from them, are eventually invited to parties etc and the road goes from there.

For OC: This is very tricky, as it depends on different concepts but normally you're introduced to someone who's already involved in it formally by another person.

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of good advice here, but a main key is knowing when to retire a character.

Someone mentioned having characters with fingers in every pie, which is a common issue. Too many people don't CK/retire their character, and their whole character story just becomes a mess.

So take the advise from these guys but also remember if your character becomes weird and over-involved in everything, there's no shame in trying again.

^ The comment above me.

Also, just simply throw yourself out there, look around the forums see what fits your criteria, what you like, etc. Then work around your character, make it unique, enjoyable to RP with, and most importantly, have fun with it.

On 12/8/2021 at 5:16 PM, Devastante said:

Just sprint past anyone you see rping in south LS as chances are they will act like your parole officer and question where you're from, etc etc.. then proceed to disrespect you and run your pockets. Best to avoid these people. Also it's weird that people call my character old when he's 22 why is everyone like 16 in the illegal community? 

Anyways maybe im going about it all wrong. But whenever I try to approach a new group on a new character and be cordial it never goes well because 90% of people are hostile as shit to everyone they encounter in south LS. So any advice in the department of how to approach new people without getting robbed etc. would be appreciated. 

This happened to me, just.

I'd planned to move into the block, had the right kind of character, settle down, have the character become part of the community and likely become a peripheral part of it, use drugs, hang out the usual.

Second I walked in.

"Who is you? Run yo pockets." 

Well guess my character isn't moving in there, then. Hopefully some other block is a little less immediately hostile for the sake of $500. 

I think that's one of the most difficult things about this. On the one hand, these neighbourhoods should feel dangerous if you're not a known face. On the other, how is a character meant to settle in and become part of that community if the second they appear, they're robbed in a real low-effort interaction?

On 12/29/2021 at 5:38 AM, Kassandra said:

This happened to me, just.

I'd planned to move into the block, had the right kind of character, settle down, have the character become part of the community and likely become a peripheral part of it, use drugs, hang out the usual.

Second I walked in.

"Who is you? Run yo pockets." 

Well guess my character isn't moving in there, then. Hopefully some other block is a little less immediately hostile for the sake of $500. 

I think that's one of the most difficult things about this. On the one hand, these neighbourhoods should feel dangerous if you're not a known face. On the other, how is a character meant to settle in and become part of that community if the second they appear, they're robbed in a real low-effort interaction?

Honestly people should be more open into recruiting fresh meat into their cliques, you don't know where it could lead you and that's the fun part. Although my character lived in both Vespucci and South LS I was never inducted into criminal rp there, It was only after I moved to a "better" area in the city and started frequenting upper class businesses that I got immersed into criminal rp. Additionally my time in the country provided an extra enhancement to my criminal rp.

Edited by El Bandito
  • Wuhtah locked this topic