Fix Business Robbery Rule Loopholes

SCANDALOUZ

Greetings, 

I, as a first time business owner felt obligated to inquire regarding the rules of business robberies, since I've found some on our business rather suspect.

Anyhow, what I've been told essentially is that the rules works like this:

- In order to rob the business itself, you need IFM permission.

- In order to rob visitors/staff/people inside the business, you need admin supervision.

- At the very doorstep however, or right outside the business, you don't need any of the above. You don't need anything at all.

I find this to be a silly loophole that can and is often 'exploited'. It also often leads to very sub-par robberies, given the lack of general oversight.

Think about it, I'll use my business for an example. It's an LTD. Literally dimension 0. Thru' the door, people need to be admin supervised and a-top of their game. Right outside of the door (yes, dimension 0) -- it's free real estate. What about night clubs and how populated they get? Inside? You need all the permissions and prep. Outside? Right st the doorstep? Free real estate.

It's, just... Silly. To me, at least, and hence the suggestion. I don't want to just critique without offering a in my opinion better idea though. It's a simple one, just edit the rule and add some small "radius" around businesses that you need admin supervision inside anyhow. For example the whole parking lot of an LTD, and not just within and thru' the door.

Let me know if something doesn't make sense.

Glhf roleplayers

Edited by SCANDALOUZ
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 2

In before someone posts a video of a random robbery outside 7/11 and says “bUt ItS rEaLiStIc” 

In all seriousness I completely agree. There are a lot of things that don’t make sense about the stance on crime here. This is one of them. 

as far as i know, cctv cameras need to be actually mapped on your business in order for it to be rp'd. if robbers were to choose to rob you at that point, i would probably file a forum report as cctv should be something to consider when committing a robbery. if anything, ambushing someone as they come out of their business for the intent of robbing them should fall into the category of business robbery.

Edited by j0sepy
  • Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Agreed.

I used to run 24/7 store and a few times my employees were robbed like that.

A few characters from Davis asked for admin's permission to rob my store and it was declined. Instead they waited outside for an employee to come outside to rob them. Obviously, knowing the employee would have cash since 24/7 workers receive $4,000 each hour.

That is completely ridiculous to me. If you require admin's permission to rob an employee inside the store, you should require the same permission to rob said employee when they leave their work place.

This falls under the category of things where admin discretion will have to play in. If we have to designate areas around each business, as having a flat number for each business would also be silly, we would have to trust the admin's discretion at the moment. I personally see nothing wrong with this, and thus I am in support of creating some sort of rule to help alleviate this by either having a rule saying you need permission if you're waiting around for someone outside a store to rob them (As this can be realistic, thus it should be able to be requested like a store robbery).

Should it only count for open businesses, or do closed businesses count too? Personally, I am for only open businesses having such protection, as a robber can't always be expected to know that a store was right where they decided to rob someone, but if it is an open business, it can be expected they could see it on their map.

On 7/20/2021 at 7:04 PM, Stanty said:

Agreed.

I used to run 24/7 store and a few times my employees were robbed like that.

A few characters from Davis asked for admin's permission to rob my store and it was declined. Instead they waited outside for an employee to come outside to rob them. Obviously, knowing the employee would have cash since 24/7 workers receive $4,000 each hour.

That is completely ridiculous to me. If you require admin's permission to rob an employee inside the store, you should require the same permission to rob said employee when they leave their work place.

Fairly certain this particular issue will be fixed with the new economy update. Supposedly all job payments will now go into bank. 

37 minutes ago, Augusta said:

Fairly certain this particular issue will be fixed with the new economy update. Supposedly all job payments will now go into bank. 

Thank god. It was a special kind of frustrating having to pause a shift to do cash dropoffs.