[TVR] Are nightclubs still appealing? Why clubs could be failing to attract new customers

Header2.jpg

Are nightclubs still appealing? Why clubs could be failing to attract new customers

By Nina Garavano

night.png

While club owners invest a lot of money to make their clubs look like worlds from fantasy movies, they fail to attract new visitors.

Friday night, I wear the shortest miniskirt I can find in my closet and get together with my friends to visit a popular nightclub. We are here for one reason, to have the time of our lives, to flirt, to mingle with the locals. To my surprise, when we entered the club I saw a strange place, it looked more like the world of Avatar (yes, the blue aliens movie) than a nightclub. Exotic plants, illuminated by LED lights of different colors decorated a huge pool, surrounded by rocks and even petrified animals. Next to the pool, an empty bar and empty deck chairs made me feel like I was on a strange desolate planet. 

According to our last poll, 90% of voters claimed that nightclubs got boring already. These are shocking figures that show how much this industry is suffering lately. Why are clubs failing to attract new customers? Some people claim that DJs are the problem, this is what they say:

• “DJ [name that's easily forgotten in a month] at [flavor of the week nightclub]?! What a thrilling experience. Said no one ever. Boring.” 
  • “Carbon copies of each other with the same DJ spinning the same set from a month ago with minimal mixing and subpar playlist.”
  • “Boring as fuck without a DJ that knows their shit. Been to a couple and it feels like I'm at an obscure slavic club with all the weird Euro-centric EDM.”
  • “I can count on one hand the amount of clubs that bring a great experience and atmosphere. Rest of it is a sad place of some greedy cash grabbers who are blinding us with coloured lights.”
  • “Nightclubs can be cool, but somehow the only clubs I run into are playing terrible music, not to shade any DJs out there, but I think clubs should be playing popular modern music, unless there's a different theme, something that everyone knows, hits etc. It gets a little tiring when every club is playing the same EDM or house! Ji-Ok passes by this rule though, the only club Ican come into and actually feel like I'm in a nightclub.”

We asked DJs about their opinion, DJ Vivi said that “It’s a tough one cause most clubs (and people) want you to play edm/rave music, so it's the same shit over and over and that’s not my forte but I guess you can’t please everyone.” DJ Alana claimed “It depends on many factors like: club atmosphere, music genre and DJ skills. I don't wanna point out several people, but 90% of LS DJs using automix feature is what makes DJ's work pretty shitty. It's like the difference between sex with live person and masturbation using any sex toy. Toys may help you in some kind, but any person, depending on how good he/she is in bed - will be much better.”

No matter how exotic and fancy clubs look, I believe they have no personality of their own. They all rotate the same DJs that are in the city at any given time playing the same music we’ve listened to over and over. We have a lot of clubs in Los Santos, but they end up feeling the same because they're run by the same group of people with no effort to differentiate each other. There are some exceptions to the rule, the previously mentioned Ji-Ok and the Crypt have personalities on their own. And to be fair, I’ve witnessed great parties in mainstream clubs on some particular occasions; but if you plan to be a usual club goer, I assure you that you’ll find clubs boring pretty easily.

> Comments are enabled

Username: 

Comment:

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1