If you could try another style of role-play, what would it be?

nardo

Idk why, but I kinda want to make a homeless character. I just feel like that would be fun. 

Problem is, from what I've heard from other people who have played homeless/beggar characters... That RP gets ruined hella fast when overly generous people donate tens of thousands of dollars, cars, and apartments to you on the spot for absolutely no reason. I'm looking to get some long-term character development. Not to suddenly have an apartment, car, and stable job in less than a week.

Edited by ScarletRose
On 6/27/2021 at 11:31 PM, Oaks. said:

I'd really want to try civilian legal PF wielding RP personally, and thats not me being a troll, would love to understand the mindset behind it.

What's there to understand exactly? Los Santos has worse crime rates than Brazilian Favelas with people outright being kidnapped robbed and killed in broad daylight, it makes perfect sense to own a gun.

Edited by arandomgamer
On 6/27/2021 at 9:31 PM, Oaks. said:

I'd really want to try civilian legal PF wielding RP personally, and thats not me being a troll, would love to understand the mindset behind it.

Just look at the NRA or any number of very, very common American organization, sites and individuals advocating carrying firearms for self-defense. This is a very common thing in the US so there are plenty of resources.

On 6/27/2021 at 1:31 PM, Oaks. said:

It's like regular person roleplay, except when someone tries to rob you (again) you blow his head off and get on with your day.

On 6/27/2021 at 9:37 AM, Alyssa McCarthy said:

Military base & training RP - US Navy would be great as it can cover land sea and air, plus they get the best uniforms!

On 6/27/2021 at 9:50 AM, jcat said:

Some Navy rp might help out with port rp too!

Probably better off making a Coast Guard rather than Navy. It would make more sense in this setting and would still achieve your goals of military training for Air, Sea, and Land. I'm IRL Navy and we don't really stick around our coasts unless it's training haha.

7 hours ago, LoLo.Jpg said:

Mexican cartel roleplay for sure like the Zetas, Sinaloa cartel etc.

So most of the original Zetas are either dead or captured. And their sphere of influence isn't what it was in the mid 2000's. The war with the Gulf Cartel was tough on them and so was law enforcement. But I can tell you as someone who worked around areas they were known to be in on the US side, in an industry they were very interested in...guns. They were some scary motherfuckers.

If we were going to have any brand of cartel action, it would probably be like mentioned, Sinaloa or maybe some Jalisco New Generation Cartel. You could even argue some Tijuana Cartel given their alliances with Colombian narco groups and revolutionaries. But it would be on a much smaller scale probably for the latter.

The thing about cartels is that they scare the shit out of people. Not because of their drugs, but because of the violence. And when they get found out operating over here the alphabet boys are usually all over them.

• Wuhtah locked this topic