Identification

Dos Santos

Lately I’ve had to type someone’s name into the chat via /Id to get their unique identification code so I can throw them a PM, or pay them might be easier to have their number right next to their name when we’re mid roleplaying or to pay-them. Simply a lot easier than having to type their name in to get their ID. 

I don't mind this as I think it's a hassle to /id in someone's name to get their ID for paying cash or PMing them. However, I'd rather keep it as it is to avoid the clutter with someone's player ID visible at all times.

Edited by Revy.
Just now, root said:

If I understand you correctly you want every single player to have a unique ID of his own?

I don't sure if its possible, but yeah why not.

No, in-game you can /id [character name] and it tells you their current ID. This ID is assigned temporarily while a player is online in-game.

There are 1500 slots on the server, so the ID would be 1-1500, but typically no more than 800 players are on at any given time, so the max ID# would reflect how many players are currently online (in-game). Also, if someone with ID 6 leaves the game and someone else joins afterwards, they will acquire the ID "6" as it would then be vacant.

To add more to this unnecessary over-explanation, everyone does, in fact, have a unique ID assigned to them- it can be found in you UCP/profile link (https://ucp.gta.world/view/user/123456 [numbers at the end]), however, this is not the ID being discussed in this topic.

Sorry about my rant, lol, you just asked a question I actually know the answer to, so I had to over'splain.