Removal of nametags

TSB

2 minutes ago, Jax said:

This would work if customization was insane, but it's not. There is limited face combos, everyone using same hairstyles, same clothing.
That's not how it is IRL, is it, you don't go out irl and see 20 people with Benjamins face? Only people you could differentiate are the people who go above and beyond with their characters making them look like they are from Second life, white eyes, pink hair, looking like a chalkboard.

Metagaming is already being battled heavily by people not being able to see names through walls, name radius reduced once in a car.
What this will increase, is DM. "Oh man, you just looked the same as John, keep it IC, it's a IC mistake". 

No this won't even work.

Sums it up pretty much.

4 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

I support the idea as well. People randomly stopping or just turning around to drive past you again, just to see your nametag are kinda annoying. But then again least 8 out of 10 females on the server have similar faces.

I've noticed that pattern where I met different characters different outfits and names but similar faces (not 100% clones but very close). With all honesty, car has tinted windows, it would make it harder to see who it is.

Edited by Vash Baldeus
  • Upvote 1

Understand where you're coming from with this suggestion but it wouldn't work. First of all, there's too many characters with similar faces and it's hard to create a unique face that stands out to the masses due to the limited customisation.  The majority of ethnicity groups on the server look like they're featuring in an episode of Clone Wars with their exact features. Secondly, people don't want to remember every little detail about each others characters on a game. Thirdly, removing nametags would defeat the purpose of /do, which is to gain additional information about the character you're roleplaying with.

In addition to the above, what happens if you want to report another party?  You get gunned down in the middle of the street without witnessing any dialogue. Yes the admins can look up who shot you through the database but you as a player are left in the unknown. Their names aren't visible so you're left with no information. 

I'm not sure how the mechanics of the game work but it if it's possible to limit the distance of the name tags even more than it is now, I'd recommend that's the route you try and suggest.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Hollywood Boulevard said:

Understand where you're coming from with this suggestion but it wouldn't work. First of all, there's too many characters with similar faces and it's hard to create a unique face that stands out to the masses due to the limited customisation.  The majority of ethnicity groups on the server look like they're featuring in an episode of Clone Wars with their exact features. Secondly, people don't want to remember every little detail about each others characters on a game. Thirdly, removing nametags would defeat the purpose of /do, which is to gain additional information about the character you're roleplaying with.

In addition to the above, what happens if you want to report another party?  You get gunned down in the middle of the street without witnessing any dialogue. Yes the admins can look up who shot you through the database but you as a player are left in the unknown. Their names aren't visible so you're left with no information. 

I'm not sure how the mechanics of the game work but it if it's possible to limit the distance of the name tags even more than it is now, I'd recommend that's the route you try and suggest.

The lack of body customization (weight, height etc) is a major issue.

I'm talking about nametags above heads, not chat.

Anyhow, people say this is not possible.

Can somebody explain to me why does a community (which I won't name) with ~300,000 members function properly without nametags above heads?

And then you have 100+ smaller communities on that same GTA V multiplayer mod (not RageMP) that don't have nametags and function properly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People that look the same is just lack of character development.

GTA V offers facial customization that rarely anybody uses.

GTA V offers various clothing types and textures that rarely anybody uses.

Yet, GTAW claims to be a heavy roleplay community.

How will you be able to distinguish one from another IG, in say one of those packed nightclubs with a pool. How will bartenders know who to give drinks to if they don't know their nametag? By asking every customer their names when they're served? How would I know who's talking in a group at this club. Yes I can see their rp line but who the fuck am I looking for, I don't know the strangers look to fit the chat name etc. Just brings a lot of trouble more than it negates metagaming. If you're worried about people MG'ing because of your name tag then report it.