The Property/Housing Epidemic, and potential solutions

Y3

19 minutes ago, K3V said:

Limit properties to 1 per character, if you want an extra property you have to justify why. It makes absolutely ZERO sense for people to have 2 houses. 2 houses x3 characters is 6 houses. 

This definitely is an issue that many aren't talking about. Well said.

I like the idea a lot!

1 hour ago, Y3 said:

Regulate the sale of inactive properties through the UCP via application. 'Foreclosure Applications' -- When I say this, I do not mean it like house-requests. Instead, think of a system identical to the lease request menu. Any time a property goes inactive or gets removed from a player via staff, it goes onto the UCP's Foreclosure Application section, where players can view it from a drop down list with preview photos. They can then provide a short application, proof of portrayal on how/why they would own it, and admins can validate this through the same system. Once this player is approved to buy the house, it is then transferred to their hands completely. It is not a lease, they do not have to make payments on it, it is their house. When they decide to sell it, they can sell it on the OPEN MARKET in the property section of the forums, where any player can buy it, thus returning it back into the open-market system of GTA:W's properties.

Maybe this part could be played into the existing real-estate agents. People need to do an app to become those, why not use them to assist in this? Creates more roleplay too.

16 minutes ago, K3V said:

Limit properties to 1 per character, if you want an extra property you have to justify why. It makes absolutely ZERO sense for people to have 2 houses. 2 houses x3 characters is 6 houses. 

I definitely agree that owning two houses is a bit silly. The only problem I see with this is that you wouldn't sell your home until you have a new place to move into. I personally have used the ability to "own" two houses to move from one to another, roleplaying it as such and putting the other property up for sale once obtaining a new one. 

Perhaps it could be set up a little stricter rather than prevent it entirely, "owning" two houses makes no sense in most cases. 

Glad someone said it. I've been trying to acquire a house spamming 2.5 mil budget for 3 days straight and got nothing. The state of properties is just so broken.

If the admin team is overwhelmed with the undertaking of managing the situation, it should just be left to the server to self regulate with restrictions.

I would support this. Why? I was apart of El Monte Flores, a gang that operated in East Vinewood/West of Mirror Park. We only had one property to roleplay out of and even that got taken away from us due to some Admin involvement or something. EMF had been active for about two months and we barely has any nearby locations to stash drugs/items or roleplay in an interior. But a couple days later, the abandoned motel on Tangerine Street was open and listed on the GTAW Map. We had already established ourselves at the Abandoned Motel, using one room because everything else was unavailable/locked. I noticed and alerted some other members of the faction of the sudden properties available to the gang.  We went there and about 8-12 people showed up, who had no involvement in the area (some coming from Sandy Shores) attempting to buy all 15 apartments due to it's proximity to Mirror Park. We managed to get 2-4 apartments and we had to discourage those people IG that came to hoard by showing them that the Motel realistically would be trash/dirty/gangrelated/crimerelated. Many of us didn't get anything from it, only a few like myself but that was because it was at 5am. By 6am every apartment was taken.

I'll lock this as everything you wrote here is already being discussed internally.

However putting /every/ house purchase behind an analysis from PM is a big no go as they're already dying from the amount of work. It's a subject everyone is actively debating too, and we'll also use your thread to bring more ideas.

Thank you.

• Upvote 3