Looking to begin playing, a few questions.

Shaun

Hello guys I've only just found out about this server and I'm really looking into playing with you guys. I am an old school player from SA-MP and used to play back on the LS-RP server back in the day with a ton of different characters.

Is the server easy to begin playing as a completely new player?
Is it similar to the old school LS-RP server?

Is the Steam Version of GTA 5 the best version to purchase?

Apologies if this is in the wrong section of the forum or this has already been answered, it's been a long time since I've used a forum set up like this. Look forward to hearing back, any information is helpful, thank you.

Well, welcome! I'm newer too and so far I dig the shit out of it here- also an old school SAMP player.

1) Yes and no. Make sure you have a good backstory, but not an overcomplicated one so you have options for jobs/activities. My mistake with my first character was being too specific and ultimately unable to RP a realistic life with him due to his degree and experience- at least until properties open up. TL:DR; just be prepared for it to be a little slow in the beginning, of course depending on what you want to do (illegal/legal/etc)

2) I cannot personally answer that as I played on Argonath RPG back in the day. However, it is very similar (what I have seen at least), to SAMP scripts/commands. The only real difference is the UI dialogs that you have the option to select from, as well. As far as commands, animations and money goes- yes, it is the same.

3) I'd assume so but again, I cannot definitively answer this. I personally have the steam version and have had no issues running RAGE:MP, except that I had to reinstall due to having modded my game too much prior to installing RAGE:MP. TL:DR here; install RAGE:MP on a fresh install of GTA 5.

Hope this helps some, and again, welcome!

Edited by MAK0
i type too fast sometimes
8 minutes ago, MAK0 said:

Well, welcome! I'm newer too and so far I dig the shit out of it here- also an old school SAMP player.

1) Yes and no. Make sure you have a good backstory, but not an overcomplicated one so you have options for jobs/activities. My mistake with my first character was being too specific and ultimately unable to RP a realistic life with him due to his degree and experience- at least until properties open up. TL:DR; just be prepared for it to be a little slow in the beginning, of course depending on what you want to do (illegal/legal/etc)

2) I cannot personally answer that as I played on Argonath RPG back in the day. However, it is very similar (what I have seen at least), to SAMP scripts/commands. The only real difference is the UI dialogs that you have the option to select from, as well. As far as commands, animations and money goes- yes, it is the same.

3) I'd assume so but again, I cannot definitively answer this. I personally have the steam version and have had no issues running RAGE:MP, except that I had to reinstall due to having modded my game too much prior to installing RAGE:MP. TL:DR here; install RAGE:MP on a fresh install of GTA 5.

Hope this helps some, and again, welcome!

Thanks for the reply mate, what's the Size of the add on required to play GTA world, I don't have the best storage on my laptop.

37 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Hello guys I've only just found out about this server and I'm really looking into playing with you guys. I am an old school player from SA-MP and used to play back on the LS-RP server back in the day with a ton of different characters.

Apologies if this is in the wrong section of the forum or this has already been answered, it's been a long time since I've used a forum set up like this. Look forward to hearing back, any information is helpful, thank you.

Yes, it is very easy and I can say that the community is very welcoming and willing to help you out with any questions or issues you might have.

About LSRP, I wouldn't say it's similar, the script here is way more advanced and better compared to LSRP, and the whole community is better over all.

For the game version, the ones I can recommend are Steam and Epic. Rockstar version works too but that version is unmoddable, so if you wish to play with mods, you need to have the steam or epic games version. Personally I switched to the epic one to have mods, but it makes no difference,

20 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Thanks for the reply mate, what's the Size of the add on required to play GTA world, I don't have the best storage on my laptop.

I can't say for certain without knowing your specs, however I would recommend having a drive dedicated to games, be it internal or external/portable. This will allow for worry-free installation sizes, and in todays world a 1TB portable hard drive really isn't too terribly expensive.

49 minutes ago, Shaun said:

1. There's no real advantage to playing longer, there is a system that lets new players quickly afford a house/vehicle to get started (50 hours you get bonus paychecks)

2. Yes, very similar in terms of all of the commands pretty much carrying over, the same sort of /me's,/do's, etc. A ton of us including myself are from SAMP, really its SAMP with reasonable graphics & active devs.

3. Steam would probably be the best but its your preference. All versions work fine epic, rockstar, steam, etc.

1. From my experience, it's a lot easier to play on this server with friends. Had I joined on my own, I would've either had to put in a little more effort, or I would've left. With that being said, if nightlife is your character's thing, then it's fairly easy to get into the server. The community in-game has changed quite a bit over the years.

2. I don't see it as an LS-RP server anymore. At one point it felt like NG-RP and I loved it, but now it seems like it finally has its own identity.

3. Yes. Doesn't matter where you get it from really, but I'd always get it on Steam. It was free on Rockstar Social Club some time ago, probably not anymore.

• Wuhtah locked this topic