RAGEMP being a laggy bitch lately

Dom.

Just now, Sush said:

Are you using more than one screen while playing on borderless windowed? Sometimes the NVIDIA GPU mode will select multi-monitor mode instead of single monitor performance mode and that can cause a lot of hitching/stuttering.

Is there a fix for this???

20 minutes ago, TheMagician said:

Is there a fix for this???

Yes. I'm not sure if this'll fix everyone's problems but it worked for me as well as a couple friends. Basically you download the nvidia inspector (You can use third party links at your own risk but I'll upload it just for sake of simplicity:

https://github.com/Orbmu2k/nvidiaProfileInspector/releases/tag/2.3.0.13 <-- Thanks Kaz!

)

Of course you can download it from somewhere else if you'd feel better, you're looking for Nvidia Inspector version 2.13.

Once you have it downloaded you'll wanna extract everything from the archive and then right click on 'nvidiaProfileInspector.exe' and run as admin, that'll bring up the main menu:

unknown.png

I have some other custom settings set but it's not necessary, you're looking to scroll down to section 5:

unknown.png

For this portion, 'Single Display Performance Mode' was the option I was told works but I have also had success with the MULTIMON_EXTENDED_SINGLE_MONITOR and found that to be the best option. If you don't have the MULTIMON option (I don't think all GPUs do), just use Single Display Performance Mode.

Then hit apply on the top right and you should be all good to go.

Edited by Sush
Updated download link to the better one Kaz linked

If you get lags, I'll tell you one thing, reinstall your RAGEMP on different disk, if you got SSD, would be best option for now, if you don't, reinstall your RAGE, that should fix the problem, I had that too.

1 hour ago, Jeff_ said:

I'd share them with the public, as it could help a fair amount (pls help a homie out i cant take the lag)

I had this somewhere already, in another topic of such kind. I'll find it, second. It should reduce lags and optimize your game to work on GPU over CPU (GTA V is a CPU intensive game, hence overheating is a VERY common thing. If it runs on 100% itself, it can't really adapt to any changes and the lags should be caused by something like that, though I'm not a expert). Also, the res didn't really matter for me, but if you need it, I play on 1280 960. 

https://imgur.com/a/Bqhgyy7

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic