RAGEMP being a laggy bitch lately

Dom.

Not sure what's causing it, but RAGEMP has been laggy as shit as of late. After a while, sending commands that cause text to show up (/stats, /ex) makes my game stutter for a good couple of seconds. After I've been in game for long enough, I can't even drive down the road without my game locking up like crazy. This is a new problem and has started about a week ago. Would love some potential fixes because it's annoying as shit. 

The only work-around I know is just constant restarting, it's really annoying and it's really fucks up RP, but can't do much sadly, I am fully confirming it happens though. Or even if you were to be in one spot for too long, game will just lag out of oblivion.

Try restarting your game, seems to be only fix that works for me, F1 reconnect doesn't do anything.

We have to deal with it. This isn't a new issue by any means, even happened when the server was getting ~100 players.

It's worse when the player count is high, Is your experience just vehicles rubber-banding everywhere, or draw distance being broken, or FPS issues? 

9 minutes ago, Aquila said:

We have to deal with it. This isn't a new issue by any means, even happened when the server was getting ~100 players.

It's worse when the player count is high, Is your experience just vehicles rubber-banding everywhere, or draw distance being broken, or FPS issues? 

I'm not sure I've seen any vehicles rubberbanding around, it's just my game being laggy as hell. Driving down the road my game locks up and my FPS goes down to like, 5 lol.

14 minutes ago, Jeff_ said:

The only work-around I know is just constant restarting, it's really annoying and it's really fucks up RP, but can't do much sadly, I am fully confirming it happens though. Or even if you were to be in one spot for too long, game will just lag out of oblivion.

Try restarting your game, seems to be only fix that works for me, F1 reconnect doesn't do anything.

Yeah, I'm restarting a lot. Can't even F1 because after a while, the F1 menu doesn't even show up anymore. I guess I'll just keep restarting.

9 hours ago, Dom. said:

I'm not sure I've seen any vehicles rubberbanding around, it's just my game being laggy as hell. Driving down the road my game locks up and my FPS goes down to like, 5 lol.

Yeah, I'm restarting a lot. Can't even F1 because after a while, the F1 menu doesn't even show up anymore. I guess I'll just keep restarting.

How much ram do you have? This was an issue for me when I only had 8gb of ram. Personally I had to use a piece of software which freed memory every time it got over 80%

It's mostly about your CPU and all that. I'll send you some options that you should use if you wanted a game mostly fixed of those lags. (I still get them after playing like 200 hours in two weeks, but in another few weeks of break it returns to normal, these settings really helped me.) Peep your PMs @Dom.

8 hours ago, stringer said:

How much ram do you have? This was an issue for me when I only had 8gb of ram. Personally I had to use a piece of software which freed memory every time it got over 80%

Yeah I've only got 8 at the moment. Can you let me know what you used?

2 hours ago, For Ever said:

It's mostly about your CPU and all that. I'll send you some options that you should use if you wanted a game mostly fixed of those lags. (I still get them after playing like 200 hours in two weeks, but in another few weeks of break it returns to normal, these settings really helped me.) Peep your PMs @Dom.

I'd share them with the public, as it could help a fair amount (pls help a homie out i cant take the lag)

100% your ram if you're only rocking 8gb, running RageMP normally has you using 9gb+ with everything else in the background and only gets worse the longer you play.

There's programs out there that can clear your memory every so often to help with memory leaks but obviously that's only a band-aid solution, you'd be better investing in more ram overall, not just for GTA but 8gb is pretty outdated in this day and age.

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST
1 hour ago, Dom. said:

Yeah I've only got 8 at the moment. Can you let me know what you used?

Are you using more than one screen while playing on borderless windowed? Sometimes the NVIDIA GPU mode will select multi-monitor mode instead of single monitor performance mode and that can cause a lot of hitching/stuttering. It's fixable but the solution involves installing Nvidia Inspector and changing the setting in the GPU bios like this:

unknown.png

Edited by Sush
  • Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic