Remove Mount Zonah, St. Fiarce and Davis Central Hospitals.

TinPan

Short description:
Just as the title says.

Detailed description:
Remove Mount Zonah Medical Center, St. Fiarce Hospital and Davis Central Hospital; turning Pillbox Hill (or potentially Davis Central Hospital with Pillbox Hill's interior relocated to it for the sake of helicopter access) as the only hospital in the city.

Commands to add:
N/A

Items to add:
N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server?
I'll be blunt, the three hospitals that I have listed as far as I'm concerned (after about 2 years of play-time on the server from playing as both legal and illegal characters) are all both completely useless and add nothing to the server's RP. The three are only ever used for the sake of injuries being NPC'd, which in tandem with never being staffed with personell as well as all of them having the generic Coroner's interior that is nowhere near the quality that is put into Pillbox Hill's interior makes for an obvious question; why should these hospitals even exist when we have Pillbox Hill?

Distance to and from it isn't an issue because Pillbox Hill is situated perfectly in the center of the city and is incredibly close to the Los Santos Freeway for any calls that occur outside of the city. Staffing isn't an issue because Pillbox has staff, something which none of the others don't. An interior that can support medical roleplay isn't an issue because Pillbox Hill has it's own mapped-out interior, something that also none of the other three hospitals have. Why can't we centralize all medical roleplay into one singular location that has been speficially mapped and staffed for this exact reason?

Every other hospital witin Los Santos that is on the server is completely useless as far as I for one am personally concerned. GTA World at the end of the day a roleplay server; there's no point in keeping hospitals around that are used purely for the sake of NPC'ing someone's recovery if there is an opportunity for someone to have a chance to actually RP both their injuries and their recovery in a hospital with actual doctor's around in an interior that's been designed with this kind of roleplay in mind.

Additional information:
N/A

Edited by TinPan
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

To kinda address the most recent comment, the one above. Not having hospitals as morgues would be extremely beneficial. Sandy Medical has a very nice interior, it is too small for Davis per se, but it could do the trick. At least a person wouldn't be laying in a room which has "Autopsy" or "Morgue" written all over it.

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

Nah.

PHMC staff routinely tells other factions to route to other hospitals when they're jammed.

The only thing this would do is put added pressure when people start stacking up. And don't get me wrong, you wait a while when you got to the hospital, but I think this is just going to just come with a sea of complaints.

Issue is, when patients are sent to other hospitals; the same thing plays out time and time again.

- Patient is dropped off at the doors.

- Patient is told OOC’ly their recovery is NPC’d.

- Patient does ‘/me recovers and leaves hospital’ after the ambulance has pulled off.

Sure, you’d have to do the same at Pillbox if no Doctors are online; but at least having all patients routed to one location where there’s a chance for staff to be online to roleplay with them increases the opportunity for both patients and doctors to actually gain legitimate roleplay with someone.

15 minutes ago, Coburn said:

Just make a small clinical interior for the hospitals.

Hell I'll make it free of charge if admins let me.

The issue isn’t the interiors alone. None of the other hospitals are staffed aside from Pillbox Hill. It’s the only place that even has any kind of staff presence where people log on to provide patients with treatment.

It’s no good giving the other hospitals interiors if people will just be dropped off at the front door and told to NPC their recovery without even having to go inside.

That’d be like someone mapping a huge concert hall but telling everyone to NPC the concert at the front door with a /me.

Edited by TinPan
28 minutes ago, TinPan said:

Issue is, when patients are sent to other hospitals; the same thing plays out time and time again.

- Patient is dropped off at the doors.

- Patient is told OOC’ly their recovery is NPC’d.

- Patient does ‘/me recovers and leaves hospital’ after the ambulance has pulled off.

Sure, you’d have to do the same at Pillbox if no Doctors are online; but at least having all patients routed to one location where there’s a chance for staff to be online to roleplay with them increases the opportunity for both patients and doctors to actually gain legitimate roleplay with someone.

The issue isn’t the interiors alone. None of the other hospitals are staffed aside from Pillbox Hill. It’s the only place that even has any kind of staff presence where people log on to provide patients with treatment.

It’s no good giving the other hospitals interiors if people will just be dropped off at the front door and told to NPC their recovery without even having to go inside.

That’d be like someone mapping a huge concert hall but telling everyone to NPC the concert at the front door with a /me.

We have had this discussion a dozen times in the community, and I believe one of the ideas raised was actually to have a small interior where they could RP a quick recovery, have friends and family to visit. 

It doesn't even have to be big, just an exam room or two, some patient bays, toilets etc.

Nope. Not everyone is into medical rp, not everyone wants to do medical rp. Just because a hospital has an interior doesn't mean you should go there, or if a player is there to interact with you. 

While I get the point of your suggestion, it doesn't make sense to just dump everyone at PHMC and overwhelm them. You need to remember the amount of dropoffs that PD, FD and SD does at peak time, and PHMC is not suited to cover that much of an intake, you're directed to another hospital by them if they're full and unavailable to receive patients.

Your average Davis resident already fails to rp their gunshot wounds properly, same goes for your Japanese racer hitting someone doing 100 or etc.

Edited by Mescalero
  • Upvote 1

Huge no.

Daily there’s a laaaaarge patient pool of people being shot/stabbed/car accident’d. Far, FAR more than Pillbox has the staff for.

Most of the time FD is diverted away from Pillbox because they only have 1-2 people in the building, and literally can’t handle another patient, especially when 20 Davis Gangbangers walk in, three of them having been shot.

As of right now unless PHMC sees a huge influx of active staff, having everyone go to Pillbox would be a HUGE mess. You’d have people who are barely roleplaying at all getting in the way of people who want to roleplay with hospital staff.

There isn’t even enough beds in Pillbox. FD gets on average maybe 20-30 patients a day, Pillbox has TWELVE ER beds, four of which are trauma rooms. The majority of patients are high acuity trauma alerts with tons of physical injuries which require a TON of staff.

Not to mention most people dont even want to bother with medical roleplay, and just want to FTB and go on with their lives.

Edited by KinnyWynny

Not supporting, while I get it that there is a hospital faction at one hospital, the others should not be removed. If there is no staffing online at Pillbox Hill, we can resort going to any of the other hospitals that are closer. It's mad to drive from Sandy Shores to Pillbox Hill when there is also a medical center in Sandy Shores. 

• Brian3898 locked, unlocked and locked this topic