The status of Davis Mall

On 6/22/2021 at 3:30 PM, MomoIsHere said:

It has a lot of opportunity, but we have to start by reworking it and offering pre-made store fronts that one can apply onto over leases and then customize said shop into something special.

Is this still being worked on?

On 6/30/2021 at 4:34 AM, Psychedelic said:

Are the businesses inside the mall lease-able via the UCP? Possibly we could introduce this so people can actually open their businesses inside the mall. It’s perfectly reasonable to do considering all shopfronts in a shopping mall like that are leased spaces irl.

That might not be the final fix or solution to bringing activity to the mall but it would definitely help as a place to start, IMO.

I agree.

I just recently started RPing as working in the city and the mall seemed like a good spot to work and buy, but some of the stores are usually always locked, even the ones that are listed as recruiting employees.

The mall should not be a safe zone.

No amount of remapping is going to have long term effects, what you need to do is create a reason for players to /want/ to go there.

What is needed is every type of store to be both available and open at the same time - several blips and ads all directing players to goto the mall & then you’ll see an increase in footfall.

Whether that lasts or not will then be upto illegal factions to manage because they are the best groups to regulate illegal RP.

If illegals are shooting it up daily then it won’t take long for everyone to lose interest and ask why they even bothered in the first place.

Having a variety of active stores would be good, you could fit alot of different Business inside. If you had an active clothing store, gym, hairdresser and arcade or something would be good. (Never been myself as I rarely see anything open so not sure what's inside) maybe putting in an extra incentive would get people to rp working there.

Edited by Shaun
Fixed text

It doesn't help that none of the business' inside are run by players, so there is never any advertisement for it.   I never even knew it was there till the Mongols MC held a car show in the car park and I noticed the text as my character passed the door.

But I also firmly agree that it should have never been set up as a mall, it should have been more like what @Oaks. described earlier in the post.

• 3 months later...

bump because i actually love the mall so much and i often like going inside of it and checking out the interiors.

it's a shame the mall is so dead since it has so much potential for this server as it's pretty unique. the mall can 100% be bustling if there was player owned shops inside of the store. you could fit so much inside of the mall that other users mentioned. you have the chance to incorporate a food court, gym, clothing stores, shoe stores, a ic store like spencer's of adult items, lingerie, vape and the pretty flower shop that sits inside the mall would also be put to such good use. the mall has so much opportunities i hope it stays in the server and gets a revamp. it needs a change of location if possible but regardless mainly a huge player-owned opportunity.

Edited by sad
  • Wuhtah locked this topic