The status of Davis Mall

11 minutes ago, LICE said:

In my opinion, the fix for this type of stuff is to split up clothing options. Want gang shirts and cheap shit? Gotta go to the mall or Davis shops. Want high heels and suits? Morningwood and hawick. Want sandals and breezy flannel? Vespucci. It'd be a lot of work but this way you'd stand more of a chance making people visit the mall if clothing was only obtainable in certain spots. Could even disable the option to buy certain shoes and restrict it to shoe shops and so on. I can't see any others way to force people to visit a place with no purpose.

im sorry this is kinda real bad. theres no such thing as "gang shirts and cheap shit", gang members don't buy a specific type of "gang" clothing, they are normal people who buy normal clothes like everyone else. You can visit low income areas in real life and find stores that sell high heels and suits, and sandals and flannels. Literally none of that is exclusive to different income level "types" of stores. 

9 minutes ago, NorthVinewoodAP said:

im sorry this is kinda real bad. theres no such thing as "gang shirts and cheap shit", gang members don't buy a specific type of "gang" clothing, they are normal people who buy normal clothes like everyone else. You can visit low income areas in real life and find stores that sell high heels and suits, and sandals and flannels. Literally none of that is exclusive to different income level "types" of stores. 

It's shit but that's all I could think of potentially to sort of incentivise different places. Otherwise we need some kind of unique script attraction or a dedicated group of role players to bring life there, both of which are unlikely

On 6/21/2021 at 1:38 PM, zUgg zUgg said:

We need to look at reinventing and invigorating the purpose of the mall. It isn't a safety issue that will magically fix it; we need to drive people to want to RP and go inside. 

There is a great spot for those players roleplaying 13+ gangbangers, to quite literally do shoplifting scams for clothes etc and possibly get admins or IFM or whoever to spawn them in these goods, which means "Shotcallers" could ask these kids to do this, bringing depth of RP to "designer" clothes. I'm currently hammered as I write this but you get what I mean. "Hot" clothes are so big where I live man, I haven't stepped foot in a clothing store in like two years because I can pay one hundred bucks for a trash bag of my size of clothes and get jeans, shirts, joggers, sweaters etc.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, LICE said:

It's shit but that's all I could think of potentially to sort of incentivise different places. Otherwise we need some kind of unique script attraction or a dedicated group of role players to bring life there, both of which are unlikely

Problem with this is that it -literally- brings together ic what doesn't belong together, when characters go out of their usual set to access a specific script or shop that's only available at one single place.

The same goes for splitting up clothes- while limiting them of course would increase the incentive to visit certain places, this would again happen due to ooc restrictions- thus often causing a first inconvenience in the customer experience ("But mooom, I don't wanna go to the mall!").

Consequently, from such audience you can't expect much rp if they first hand come to access a limited script and not experience that roleplay.

49 minutes ago, barragexd said:

The biggest problem with malls is that it requires multiple business owners open at the same time to function. And I just don't think that's going to work.

Incentivizing or factionizing could solve this issue.

On 6/22/2021 at 6:50 PM, Yoak said:

its in davis, thats what is wrong with it

end of topic, really.

malls need community. the people that do social rp as opposed to hood rp dont generally roleplay in davis and have no ic reasoning to visit baghdad just to go to a mall.

want a mall that works? open one north of adam's apple. when you're in an area where your business won't be extorted by 30 different gangs and you and your clients wont be pressed, people'll be way more willing to roleplay there.

another potential answer is, people that roleplay in the area clearly arent interested in that sort of roleplay, so why give them the tools to do something they dont want to do. if they were, someone would have opened something by now. a liqueur store, a cafe, a grocery store. its clearly a mindset thing.

nobody's social character that's lived in los santos for more than 100 hours would consider a trip to the mall a worthwhile risk to getting robbed, being beat up, having your car stolen or outright killed with the everpresent "shit happens irl, my character is stupid" excuse. move the mall to alta, rockford, pillbox or somewhere else that's available and it'll work. davis is the worst place for it

• Upvote 1

Pretty much what everyone else has already said:

1) It's in one of the most dangerous neighbourhoods in the city.  Chances of being robbed/getting injured are high.

2) I don't think there was ever really a need for this extra RP space.  The city is HUGE and we already have lots of empty places.

3) Interiors aren't great for attracting RP.  You can't just drive by and notice a gathering and join in.

4) There is no real reason to visit it.  It contains a few shops.  The outside streets already have lots of shops and more chances to find random RP because it's in the open world. It would need something special to actually attract people.

• Wuhtah locked this topic