Jump to content

My appeal to LEO Rpers.


MickeyO

Recommended Posts

I agree, my character has a clean record and doesn't appear to be a criminal. Never even been arrested and when cops pull me over with random excuses (usually them being bored) they call back up and make a huge scene where they need to handcuff and frisk me for no reason at all. 

Link to comment

 

1 minute ago, Bala said:

I agree, my character has a clean record and doesn't appear to be a criminal. Never even been arrested and when cops pull me over with random excuses (usually them being bored) they call back up and make a huge scene where they need to handcuff and frisk me for no reason at all. 

 

This is a problem, the amount of cruisers that arrive in a scene needs to be drastically reduced. Two cruisers is a norm, three is alright. Four is pushing it, more than that for a traffic stop? You lagging the street and being unrealistic... It's not that frequent IRL

Link to comment

There are always IC ways to solve these situations. Complaining in a massive thread with screenshots for "proof" is not going to standardize anything and nobody is honestly going to take you seriously.

Complaining OOC about IC actions is not always a smart move because it shows you mix and can't take anything IC'ly in an IC manner. If your character wants to make changes in the system then the first step is a suit against the department. Start a protest, make a movement. Just do SOMETHING IN-CHARACTER. I can't stress that making an OOC discussion thread about the situation your CHARACTER got in and not YOU as an individual is never going to work out.

Link to comment
Just now, spark0150 said:

 

 

This is a problem, the amount of cruisers that arrive in a scene needs to be drastically reduced. Two cruisers is a norm, three is alright. Four is pushing it, more than that for a traffic stop? You lagging the street and being unrealistic... It's not that frequent IRL

Actually that's not really correct. Typically a second sits there but in a "good" Department you'll have officers either hang out in the immediate area or if there's any indication of the subject of the police interaction having a prior record for violent crimes or resisting law enforcement, it's not uncommon to have 4 or 5 cars at a stop. And when you have a half dozen cops shot at daily and a 130% increase in LEO involved shootings per day over the past month or so, ICly you'd be a little bit more jumpy.

Link to comment
Just now, UdgeyWudgey said:

There are always IC ways to solve these situations. Complaining in a massive thread with screenshots for "proof" is not going to standardize anything and nobody is honestly going to take you seriously.

Complaining OOC about IC actions is not always a smart move because it shows you mix and can't take anything IC'ly in an IC manner. If your character wants to make changes in the system then the first step is a suit against the department. Start a protest, make a movement. Just do SOMETHING IN-CHARACTER. I can't stress that making an OOC discussion thread about the situation your CHARACTER got in and not YOU as an individual is never going to work out.

So when you get away from the police and the admins summon you back then ask:

"Why didn't you RP breaking your ankle when you turned that corner so quickly and let them capture you? 1 hour jail, disgusting PGer"

Why are they not told to put out a warrant, stick posters on the wall and search for you to resolve the issue ICly? 

Link to comment
1 minute ago, UdgeyWudgey said:

There are always IC ways to solve these situations. Complaining in a massive thread with screenshots for "proof" is not going to standardize anything and nobody is honestly going to take you seriously.

Complaining OOC about IC actions is not always a smart move because it shows you mix and can't take anything IC'ly in an IC manner. If your character wants to make changes in the system then the first step is a suit against the department. Start a protest, make a movement. Just do SOMETHING IN-CHARACTER. I can't stress that making an OOC discussion thread about the situation your CHARACTER got in and not YOU as an individual is never going to work out.

I don’t like this take it IC sentiment because at the end of the day what’s occurring is not unrealistic. Why should I deal with something that doesn’t occur IRL as often as it does on GTA W? Not to mention the fact that if people took these unconstitutional/illegal cases that LEO rpers do there will be a backlog in the JSA

Link to comment
Just now, Bala said:

So when you get away from the police and the admins summon you back then ask:

"Why didn't you RP breaking your ankle when you turned that corner so quickly and let them capture you? 1 hour jail, disgusting PGer"

Why are they not told to put out a warrant, stick posters on the wall and search for you to resolve the issue ICly? 

That's exactly what happens. I've seen numerous Officers/Deputies walk around the neighborhoods or hell, even into a convenience store with a warrant in hand. They lose constantly and follow up with in-character decisions rather than posting a forum post.

Link to comment

Just a clear up on the whole Penn v Mimms thing. People actually misinterpret this because they only read one line off the top of the wikipedia page. 

 

Penn v Mimms in and of itself only allows an officer to order the driver out of the vehicle for safety reasons. This is what it, specifically, allows.

 

Once out, they need the circumstances from terry v ohio to actually pat the driver down.  They can't just go "penn v mimms I frisk you now."

 

To clarify, Terry v Ohio requires the officer to have reasonable suspicion that you are armed and dangerous in order to pat down.  

 

Just wanted to put that out there because I see rather a lot of people who think that Penn v Mimms = pat down permission and that Terry v Ohio also = magic pat down permission.

 

Link to comment
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
  • Create New...