My appeal to LEO Rpers.

MickeyO

3 minutes ago, cracked said:

Isn't this just the way it's been in many large cities in America for a long time, though? Isn't stop & frisks, especially of cars with certain tags & certain known cars, that gang units mark down- etc special targets for police to pull over on any minor incident in hopes to make a dent on either the drug or weapon market? I mean, I'm getting this from watching like every episode of LivePD there is and from just my perception on it! 😛

Might be wrong.

Officers detain me for simply seeing litter beside me. "Is that your litter?", as they pull out their note-pad and pen, preparing to I.D. and harass me.

It's how it is, and I reside in Toronto, Canada... back in Brooklyn? Ten times worst. Now, this s supposed to emulate L.A., to a certain degree, correct? People get harassed, daily. L.A.P.D. and N.Y.P.D. are known to be one of the most corrupted departments in the U.S.

Edited by DLimit
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
6 minutes ago, cracked said:

Isn't this just the way it's been in many large cities in America for a long time, though? Isn't stop & frisks, especially of cars with certain tags & certain known cars, that gang units mark down- etc special targets for police to pull over on any minor incident in hopes to make a dent on either the drug or weapon market? I mean, I'm getting this from watching like every episode of LivePD there is and from just my perception on it! 😛

Might be wrong.

Car searching is different, it's not as easy to articulate. A car is a property and there are laws in place to protect this. For example you have Arizona v. Grant. TL;DR - If a person arrived at a crime scene in the car and got arrested for something completely unrelated to what the vehicle could be intended to, that is not enough to search the car. Searching a car requires higher standard of proof, like, a gun was seen in the car, smell of weed, if the suspect shot someone and got into the car and drove off, car was used in the commission of the crime. These are enough to search a car. Or if the person consents to a search during a traffic stop.

Edited by nelsondx
2 hours ago, zUgg zUgg said:

1. Get searched illegally.

2. Legal system is broken, sue

3. Wait a month for an answer....

4. Get told to submit an IA

I’m sorry, how is the legal system broken? Please step into my private messages if you have any concerns. If you have an issue with the speed of things maybe you should come try it out yourself before you complain about how long things take. Or perhaps if people stopped purposely appealing charges because they want to burden the system as well as PD/SD and give them extra work perhaps things would not take so long. 

To actually get on topic, Mickey, and to others who feel they are abused, I’d certainly encourage you to use IC means to solve this issue. There have been multiple cases where players have sued law enforcement departments and have won. Why not hire a lawyer and have them handle this for you by IC means?

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, MickeyO said:

y states the only legal way someone should be terry frisked in a traffic stop is when police reasonably suspect the civilian to be armed or to be involved in a crime. Here is the issue, the reasonably suspected to be armed portion of Terry v. Ohio allows too much room for the LEO rpers discretion. Recently I was pulled over and attempted to be frisked based on the fact that I had prior weapons charges, charges that I was not on parole for, nor having any warrants on myself. The cops in my opinion violated the United States Constitution. Not only did I not emit any reasonable suspicion that I’d do  harm against the officer,  I was not suspected to 

plea not guilty

either get the charges tossed or get a guilty verdict (you shouldn't because there's probably tons of federal caselaw)
go to appeals court
precedent set

sue PD for a 4th amendment violation

gg

edit:

for real:
terryv ohio isn't the only caselaw out there, there's tons others and if the situation as described is the only circumstance that led to your search, any prosecutor would/should toss that out

Edited by BjornV