My appeal to LEO Rpers.

MickeyO

4 minutes ago, MickeyO said:

Lmao, I purposefully blurred your name to not subjugate you personally to any slander.  And no I was not being held down. I did a /me to toss the weapon out of the window while driving 100 MPH and then I crashed into a pole going 100 MPH. You can frame the story however you wish but the fact of the matter is, this isn’t a one off situation which is why it’s being made public.

What, it isn't a one-off situation to where the Police LEO RP'ers feel like they're about to get DM'd for the 4th time that day?

People always tend to attack LEO RP'ers for "violating their characters rights, unrealistic!!!" yet I've seen so many simple traffic stops turn into a DM fest for a simple speeding ticket.

LEO RP'ers call for additional units if they FEEL as if they need the backup for the stop to continue as smoothly and as safely as possible. There's a saying goes "there's never enough backup" and that's true especially in GTA Text-Based RP servers.

This to me seems like a severe IC issue. If you feel that your character's right had been violated, there's ways to go about it ICly, Internal Affairs for example or even suing the department. I really don't see why this issue is being brought up to an OOC level. I mean, what if the officer has corrupt permissions? Just saying. 

• Upvote 2
8 minutes ago, UdgeyWudgey said:

What, it isn't a one-off situation to where the Police LEO RP'ers feel like they're about to get DM'd for the 4th time that day?

People always tend to attack LEO RP'ers for "violating their characters rights, unrealistic!!!" yet I've seen so many simple traffic stops turn into a DM fest for a simple speeding ticket.

This is where the stereotype of PD being IC moderators comes from.

Instead of lowering RP standards, members of PD should be reporting the players who are obviously DMing instead of lowering standards to win which always results in good illegal RP'ers being shafted in the crossfire.

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST
33 minutes ago, MickeyO said:

I don’t like this take it IC sentiment because at the end of the day what’s occurring is not unrealistic. Why should I deal with something that doesn’t occur IRL as often as it does on GTA W? Not to mention the fact that if people took these unconstitutional/illegal cases that LEO rpers do there will be a backlog in the JSA

You know what also occurs IG that doesn’t occur IRL?

A crime rate of all LatAm combined with a hint of other third world countries sprinkled in. 

If you really wanna complain about realism in the server, do a complete overhaul. 

From robocivilians to robocriminals to robocops. 

So can you clarify for me why you are not taking this IC, either through Internal Affairs or the legal system?

There have been enough cases brought against the LSSD or the LSPD where they most likely will do an out-of-court settlement or just let the case continue but either way, whatever happened gets addressed. 

40 minutes ago, MickeyO said:

I don’t like this take it IC sentiment because at the end of the day what’s occurring is not unrealistic. Why should I deal with something that doesn’t occur IRL as often as it does on GTA W? Not to mention the fact that if people took these unconstitutional/illegal cases that LEO rpers do there will be a backlog in the JSA

Sorry to say buddy but in real life you're going to have cops pull you out and search you as well, even if they're grounds are illegal. There is nothing unrealistic about this.

If people would sue instead of go on the forums to complain, file player reports about it or complain in a Discord, this would happen much more less. If a department is getting sued over and over about something that continuedly goes wrong, they are going to get into trouble. The City will complain to the Chief of Police about the issues and told to improve or get sanctioned, people will create even more posts on social media to complain and protest and the department would loose thousands upon thousands of dollars to compensate individuals.

Edited by Tseard
15 minutes ago, MickeyO said:

You can frame the story however you wish but the fact of the matter is, this isn’t a one off situation which is why it’s being made public.

And there's nothing wrong with it being discussed publicly that's what the section is for. But my question is if you wanna discuss a story why do you not provide screens of the entire situation? There were multiple factors that lead the officer to searching you. You were asked to step out based on the potential threat you possess. Your character was clearly high as your examine stated (the system is there for a reason) plus your behavior when asked to walk to the patrol car. You clearly didn't want to be searched. You started showing that as soon as you were asked to step out, giving the officer enough RS to frisk you. Again in all of my time in PD so far this was the first time this happened at least when I was present. Nobody wants to take your guns away randomly.

59 minutes ago, Snoot said:

Yeah, had the same happen to me back on the 14th of March;

I replaced the names just in case 🙂

[13:53:04] > Femcop has typed something on their Mobile Data Computer.
[13:53:51] * Michael Turner plants his elbow on the open window, leaning to his hand.
[13:53:55] * Femcop departs the vehicle, she lightly exhales shutting the door.
[13:54:15] * Femcop lightly clears her throat, she keeps her hand rested near her weapon holster, eyeing Michael.
[13:54:23] Femcop says: Afternoon sir, Officer Cop with the LSPD!
[13:54:25] * Michael Turner peers up at Femcop.
[13:54:30] * Cop places his hands on his belt while walking towards the pilar of the front door. He looks inside the vehicle while  keeping his eyes focussed on the hands of the driver.
[13:54:31] Michael Turner says: I do something wrong?
[13:54:36] Femcop says: And over there is my uh.. colleague Officer Cop.
[13:54:38] * A playstation sits on the passenger seat. ((Michael Turner))*
[13:54:44] Femcop says: You ran like two red lights.
[13:54:59] Femcop says: That's about all wrong y'did today.
[13:55:14] Michael Turner says: ...I didn't, dude. You sure? I was yielding and all that shit.
[13:55:19] * Cop places his hands on his duty-belt, keeping focus on the driver.
[13:55:21] Femcop says: Y'didnt at two lights.
[13:55:34] * Michael Turner tongues his molars, furrowing his brows lightly.
[13:55:37] Femcop says: So this last intersection.
[13:55:49] Femcop says: One right there that takes you into the canals, you didn't yield there.
[13:56:03] Michael Turner says: Yeah, 'cause I didn't know you were pulling me dude- I took the left so you could -pass-.
[13:56:20] Femcop says: No, no right before this.
[13:56:31] * Michael Turner ducks his head, looking out of the window and up at the officer.
[13:56:51] Femcop says: In that area there, the intersection with uh.. Prosperity.
[13:57:07] Femcop says: Nonetheless, you have your documents with ya today?
[13:57:11] * Michael Turner lets out a long sigh through his nose.
[13:57:14] Michael Turner says: Yeah.
[13:57:40] * Michael Turner reaches over to his glovebox unless intervened.
[13:58:06] * Cop would eye inside the glovebox as Turner is reaching in.
[13:58:28] * Michael Turner pops the glovebox open to pick his registration out of it. His wallet lies ready near the Playstation on the passenger seat. He goes on to pass his License and Registration out.
[13:58:30] You showed your driver license to Femcop
[13:58:52] * Femcop extends her hand outwards, she grips the License and Registration from Turner, she'd briefly eye over it, pursing her lips and lightly nodding.
[13:59:10] Femcop says: Okay... this all.. lines up.
[13:59:37] Femcop says: So now then mister Turner, I'm going to be doing a terry frisk on you today for any weapons, as you have a rather recent charge, regarding one.
[13:59:45] Femcop says: So if you will please, step on out the vehicle for me.
[13:59:50] * Femcop steps back, motioning Turner out.

What I'm reading here, as I RP an Internal Affairs Investigator, is mostly an IC mistake than anything else. Terry frisking people based on a gun charge is probably enough under Terry V.Ohio, but Officer safety clause is present. I would perhaps report them to the Internal Affairs of their respective department, but that is the point, it's an IC mistake. However, Police Officers IRL can get away with a lot of stuff by merely saying "officer safety". If I terry frisked someone based on a gun charge alone, I'd actually bullshit IC when confronted by my char's superior, like "Oh he was priors for gun and he was touching his waistline a few times and acting somewhat erratically." just to airtight my reasoning when confronted. That by itself is justified under Terry v.Ohio and there is real life caselaws to assist with this, approved by the US Supreme Court.

Edited by nelsondx
2 minutes ago, HappyGecko said:

And there's nothing wrong with it being discussed publicly that's what the section is for. But my question is if you wanna discuss a story why do you not provide screens of the entire situation? There were multiple factors that lead the officer to searching you. You were asked to step out based on the potential threat you possess. Your character was clearly high as your examine stated (the system is there for a reason) plus your behavior when asked to walk to the patrol car. You clearly didn't want to be searched. You started showing that as soon as you were asked to step out, giving the officer enough RS to frisk you. Again in all of my time in PD so far this was the first time this happened at least when I was present. Nobody wants to take your guns away randomly.

Because a report is being made with an over twenty plus minute video. I have zero to hide. No point turning this messy.

• Upvote 1
36 minutes ago, MickeyO said:

We as LEO roleplayers have to deal with the unrealistic crime rate in South Central everyday, you can't possibly tell me that the incredible percentage of shootings that we encounter as "Police Officers" on a day to day basis is something that is realistic and occurs IRL. We still have to deal with it ICly, we don't make OOC threads about it.