Secret hidden admin record from YOU

zaXer.

Recently I've found out that there are secret 'warnings' in your admin record that are not revealed to you. Nobody tells you what they are about and no information is given on how you aquired them.

Turn out I have 5 of them and I still have no idea what they are about. They are not the usual 'warning' but they are some hidden warnings that you have no access / information about.

This leads to you being totally unaware until it's too late and now you cannot even appeal it or even know what it was about. 

Once an admin slaps you with something like this, every other admin looking into you will know information that may or may not be true and eventually this can play you a really bad trick to admin vs player behavior.

this is a big transparency issue

Edited by zaXer.
  • Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Yoak said:

ye and?

they're there to keep notes on you so you don't repeat the same minor rule breaks.

i think they're a great thing

what about the situation where an admin slaps you with something that you didnt do / is twisted, and you cannot appeal it. next day you log in admins are aware you did something X which is not exactly true and you begin the endless loop of being a 'criminal'.

and you dont even know when it happens.

Edited by zaXer.
1 minute ago, Yoak said:

ye and?

they're there to keep notes on you so you don't repeat the same minor rule breaks.

i think they're a great thing

And how can you avoid those "minor rule breaks", if you won´t get no information about it. 
To be honest - notes are good, if you break something, but they should be all available for the person, who breaks them, so they can better themselves on those aspects of roleplay. 
It is kinda like Twitter - they shadowban you, et cetera. Meaning - you won´t know it, until you get hit in the face with it. 
Every warning should be visible to the person, who has them on his character to better themselves. But this gives the impression, that they are gathering "evidence" on every player to use it at the right moment. Weird to be honest. Why not put everything on the persons record?

• Upvote 2
16 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

is it fair? no. is it needed? yes, most likely. why? in order to keep track of repeat offenders who were never actually punished for something but are suspected of it

It probably really helps the staff to see patterns of behavior over time.

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

is it fair? no. is it needed? yes, most likely. why? in order to keep track of repeat offenders who were never actually punished for something but are suspected of it

At first I was soon to be supportive of the concerns, but you bring up a good point - if the offender has been told to change their behavior, and they continue engaging in the behavior anyway, unmentioned notes would be a good means for the staff to track the behavior and communicate said issue. Alternatively, if the offenses are significant enough, such as ban evasion, then the quiet notes seem suitable to avoid alerting the evader. Time can be used to observe and understand how they are evading, and to ensure that it IS the person that is evading.

• Upvote 1

I've also encountered this problem.

I have no concerns about there being admin notes on people, because for repeat offenders there needs to be a punishment I'm in agreeance. However, I am finding I am being punished on an OOC basis (with business requests) for punishments I never knew I had, and when I dug further I found out these are situations dating back over 6 months ago.

I am being punished ICly, over situations that were what I assumed to be 'slap on the wrist verbal warning' offences which are negatively impacting my experience on the server despite never being formally punished for these 'offences'.

• Groz locked this topic