Amendment to Rule 17 in regards to sexual advertisements

I'm indifferent to this topic; I understand both sides of the coin on why it should be banned or why it should stay. Rockstar Games and GTAV include a lot of sexual related content already both in text, symbols and actual visuals so I get it why people say that adult related ads should be allowed (refer to mission ''Paparazzo - The Sex Tap'' where you are literally seeing someone do the deed and recording it as paparazzo.)

I think a NSFW function would be good for the advertisement system as a compromise. And hopefully it can save your preferences without having to constantly toggle it off upon rejoining. 

Either way, I personally have the ads toggled off by default to minimalize the spam on my screen or chatbox. 

17 hours ago, Smilesville said:

but I'm making abundantly clear that underage players don't belong on this server.

u can make whatever u want abunduntly clear, Nervous himself said that minors are not banned from playing GTA W, and even if you're talking about storymode, which we're not playing, then the age ratings are only suggestions and are not legally enforced/even taken into account in most countries outside of the UK.

If you wan't to argue underage players shouldn't play, start another suggestion. A large chunk of the playerbase is under 18, and even if they weren't, as bonk said there's a lot of adults that are uncomfortable with this too. You should all think for a second why you're taking time out of your day to argue with a minor that they should be forced to see sexual content, when a simple NSFW section of ads wouldn't harm anybody.

An NSFW section should definently be added.

Edited by BigBootyStudios
  • Applaud 1
11 minutes ago, BigBootyStudios said:

u can make whatever u want abunduntly clear, Nervous himself said that minors are not banned from playing GTA W, and even if you're talking about storymode, which we're not playing, then the age ratings are only suggestions and are not legally enforced/even taken into account in most countries outside of the UK.

If you wan't to argue underage players shouldn't play, start another suggestion. A large chunk of the playerbase is under 18, and even if they weren't, as bonk said there's a lot of adults that are uncomfortable with this too. You should all think for a second why you're taking time out of your day to argue with a minor that they should be forced to see sexual content, when a simple NSFW section of ads wouldn't harm anybody.

An NSFW section should definently be added.

I couldn’t have put it better myself.

Half the people who are upvoting my suggestion aren’t even >18, they still feel uncomfortable when they see it. I am really not bothered what people want to do on this server, whether if it’s solely ERP, I really do not care, it’s the premise that it’s being flaunted around. As compromised an NSFW section that can be toggled is the perfect way to go about it, so the people who do engage in it can be able to find and view that section, and for those who aren’t interested in that area of the server, like me, can just ignore it flat out.

Telling me “hey you’re under 18 get outta here punk” does not contribute to the discussion at all, in fact, it’s completely derailing it. Go make another suggestion if you don’t want minors on the server. Watch the player base plummet to sub 300 and enjoy playing on your ERP haven then.

@Smilesville

Edited by bonk
14 hours ago, Pandamei said:

NFSW Ad section is a good idea so the horny mfs will go on their own. But I will say sex store ads are not uncommon at all on the radio or TV.

Source: I'm American

Still good idea doe.

Back in 2017 when I was stationed overseas there was this strip club that owned a Taxi company that advertised the strip club and had a radio station named after it, its not that uncommon to hear about such establishments on the radio or see them in person. Nudity isn't as taboo outside of the states, old politicians who are afraid of seeing ankles are the ones that made it feel/seem wrong.

https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides/obscene-indecent-and-profane-broadcasts

Depending on how we roleplay ads they shouldn't be a thing legally (for the most part). Continuity rules that federal agencies such as the FCC exist. I've always seen /ads in a certain way. The types of things you'd see on TV, hear on the radio being part of it. Then we have some ads which wouldn't make sense there that would be more in line with the ads you would see when browsing websites (think Google Ads https://support.google.com/adspolicy/answer/6023699?hl=en). I believe that taking these things into consideration, the overtly sexual ads need to not be in any of the advertisement commands in-game. As mentioned before, there are adult stores who do push ads out on prime time radio, but they do so in a more subtle manner to fall in line. Most common day to day websites that choose to run ads choose not to allow sexual ads to run on their sites, etc.

The more craigslist/backpage type of ads, or more obscene ones can probably be tucked away into this section https://forum.gta.world/en/forum/66-others/ if we simply cannot live without them. That's my opinion on it anyway.

See, I think a problem with this is that not many business in general will use any public advertising to say they're hiring, like ads or commercials. Maybe occasionally but I can't recall an ad for a career/job aside from like Google? 

I think adding categories in general would be cool for the new advertisement system beyond just an adult category.

I don't understand why people think ads refer to broadcast radio and TV only, when the vast majority of the ads in the advertisement category wouldn't fit in those either. You have an entire section that's specifically for buying and selling and renting and hiring by individuals and tiny businesses, none of which fit the bill.

The new ad system doesn't even really spam your text chat anymore. It's now an app on your phone you can look through, which could be anything online. Just add new toggleable categories so people who don't want to see it don't have to see it.

Edited by hillievonb

You know what I hate?

Fucking car commercials.

I'm selling this.  I'm buying that.

The difference is I don't have a convenient label like "adult" or "NSFW" to point at and accuse and disparage.

Here's an idea:  enforce the rules.

Here's another idea:  turn off your ads, problem solved.  Solve the problem with your actions, instead of trying to force everyone else to do something.

Here's another idea:  make a personals category where people can advertise for all the things that are of interest only to them.  Then give every category a button in the interface so people can choose which categories of ads appear as notifications.

And everyone who hates "adult" ads, stop hitting on female characters (that shit's cringe).  Stop going to strip joints.  Do your part to desexualize the server.  Then we can all get back to robbing, dealing drugs, and killing each other. 

EDIT:  Everyone who hates adult ads, do your part and call LSPD and snitch them out.  Demand that LSPD vice squad that allegedly exists do its job.  Form IC vigilante groups.  Call hookers and beat the hell out of them when they show up.  Just say it's a robbery, then you can do anything you want.  Search and destroy.  Burn out the nest.  Solve the problem.  Don't come on here and complain and then do nothing.  If the server permits groups to attack and beat gay characters outside of nightclubs, you can make a difference too.

RSkyn.JPG.dc3d09a1b8b37a2c22bbfc0274883ceb.JPG

Edited by jcat
  • Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, jcat said:

You know what I hate?

Fucking car commercials.

I'm selling this.  I'm buying that.

The difference is I don't have a convenient label like "adult" or "NSFW" to point at and accuse and disparage.

Here's an idea:  enforce the rules.

Here's another idea:  turn off your ads, problem solved.  Solve the problem with your actions, instead of trying to force everyone else to do something.

Here's another idea:  make a personals category where people can advertise for all the things that are of interest only to them.  Then give every category a button in the interface so people can choose which categories of ads appear as notifications.

And everyone who hates "adult" ads, stop hitting on female characters (that shit's cringe).  Stop going to strip joints.  Do your part to desexualize the server.  Then we can all get back to robbing, dealing drugs, and killing each other. 

RSkyn.JPG.dc3d09a1b8b37a2c22bbfc0274883ceb.JPG

Car advertisements =/= adult advertisements.