Activation GTAV offline mode.

2Frsh

Hey guys,

I've got a problem with my GTA for a few days now.

After the update, I played using offline mode a few times.

But at some point when I try playing offline, it sets me to a screen which says my game needs to be validated/activated and that that process needs my internet connection.

I tried multiple things, putting the internet on trying to activate it and then stop the game when it's updating and messing about with it but nothing seemed to work.

I've been inactive on the server for a few days now and it's really irritating me at this point.

I hope some of you had this problem or could help me out in this situation.

Greets.

Never saw that validating screen, may be asking you to connect to Social Club (in case you have Social Club version, not sure about the Steam one).

disable your firewall GTAVLauncher.exe blocking, login and run the update and leave it fully update. Download your game version from here

and then block GTAVLauncher.exe again both in inbound and outbound orders. That should leave you playing without any problem.

• Upvote 1
Guest Ingram

I had a back up of the previous version so I had same issue.

What you need to do is, you need to log in on the newest version into the single player again, and mark Automatic log in.

Exit, copy back the old version and log in offline into gt-mp, the msg will disappear

2 hours ago, Gangstafary said:

Never saw that validating screen, may be asking you to connect to Social Club (in case you have Social Club version, not sure about the Steam one).

disable your firewall GTAVLauncher.exe blocking, login and run the update and leave it fully update. Download your game version from here

and then block GTAVLauncher.exe again both in inbound and outbound orders. That should leave you playing without any problem.

1 hour ago, Ingram said:

I had a back up of the previous version so I had same issue.

What you need to do is, you need to log in on the newest version into the single player again, and mark Automatic log in.

Exit, copy back the old version and log in offline into gt-mp, the msg will disappear

Both of these solutions don't work for me. I blocked GTAVLauncher.exe and it still updates. For the second one, it doesn't ask me for any log in.

EDIT: It logs me in and then gives me the message as seen below.

Edited by 2Frsh
Guest Ingram

I didn't block anything on firewall and I had the same message.

You need a fully updated GTA V + Social Club to log in singleplayer with Automatic save. (To activate it)

Once done, copy the GTA + Social network folders and make them backup else where(Both from program files and program files(x86) if you have there) and download the files above if you have no previous back up of previous version.

Click on "Launch" on GT-MP, unplug your internet on the way it launches the social network and it will ask you to "Play offline", click play offline and connect the internet back.

Edited by Ingram

I need some answers too, mine broke today and is doing the same thing.

Like a step by step of what to do.  Cause I tried just about everything and its a no go.

We need to know where to download this new update and what to do after.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Genny locked this topic