Increase PF gun limit

ICarlos

2 hours ago, Harbinger said:

If you need that much ammo for your pistol you're doing it wrong. I used my pistol once in the last month and that's it, I also played 150 hours on my character in that month. A lot of people having a PF license go out of their way to look for a situation to use it, having a limit means people are more afraid to die and don't go into stupid situations. And if someone kills you by breaking the rules, just report them and get a refund. Easy as that.

Not everybody is inclined to use their legally acquired handgun just for murdering other players.

Believe it or not, in America they have more use... such as target practice, self-defense against an attacking animal in out-of-city areas, such as (in GTA:W's case) Paleto Bay and Sandy Shores.

And as such, I agree with other person(s) on here, that ammo limitations are pointless. As for firearms, @OP, you've gotta wanna roleplay being an avid gun lover / collector if you want more guns to buy in a month. Also factor in realism as guns are assets. Can your character realistically afford to buy 6 handguns in the space of a couple weeks, then again buy more guns a month later? Gun collecting as a hobby is quite expensive. As is buying ammunition for your mags.

Edited by Wynters
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The gun and ammo limits aren't even remotely realistic, so why are they a thing?

If a particular segment of the player base behaves poorly, shouldn't we deal with that instead of hamstringing the entirety of the playerbase?

I feel like this is a constant theme.

6 hours ago, Harbinger said:

It would be great if you could buy more hunting ammo, imo 2 weapons and 200 ammo for pistol and shotguns is quite enough. If you need that much ammo for your pistol you're doing it wrong. I used my pistol once in the last month and that's it, I also played 150 hours on my character in that month. A lot of people having a PF license go out of their way to look for a situation to use it, having a limit means people are more afraid to die and don't go into stupid situations. And if someone kills you by breaking the rules, just report them and get a refund. Easy as that.

However it would be neat if you could buy more than 200 hunting ammo every month.

Well i would say it's true but there are few exceptions when people go out looking for trouble, As in my case both of the guys who were involved worked at the same gun store as me, And the Kidnapper told him to come out and they went out, I was bored and just was about to leave the area and as i went out, that guy was aiming at him, so i pulled out my gun and as i was rping etc, he started shooting, Killing me and injuring the guy who was getting kidnapped, well when i reported and i told the whole story to admin and then he went to the guy who was getting kidnapped, he just simply said "I'm fine with what happened".

Well the admin just came and said the main victim said he is okay with what happened, Well i was like wtf are you talking about he got injured that's why he is okay with it. Well i guess there's a lesson in every bullshit that happens, my lesson was if someone is getting killed or kidnapped don't give a fuck or call police just get in your car and start driving like nothing happened.

This is not an answer. This isn't fixing your issue. This is just a way to flood the server with more guns. California has wait times for buying guns anyways and buying too many guns in a short amount of time is guaranteed to put you on a federal watch list.

2 hours ago, Beholder said:

This is not an answer. This isn't fixing your issue. This is just a way to flood the server with more guns. California has wait times for buying guns anyways and buying too many guns in a short amount of time is guaranteed to put you on a federal watch list.

Well, I know we are trying to portray real life but still in the end it's a game and we play it for fun so chill out dude.

4 minutes ago, Yoak said:

2) Why do you need more than 200 ammo a month?

Shooting ranges, range events, hunting, shooting sports and finally self-defense. The ammo limit is simply retarded, I could probably go through a hundred bullets in a night if I wanted to. Why stop people from obtaining fucking ammunition?

Keep in mind that all of this is only scriptwise, there's no IC regulations saying that you can't buy ammo or anything like this, what makes it even more retarded is the fact that you can obtain ammunition from any source (be it legal or illegal) and nothing will happen.

Edited by i dont wanna od in LA