Increase PF gun limit

ICarlos

Well as you read the topic, As some of you might think we should increase the limit of PF licensed guns and you might be asking why? Well if you look at the server you might find your answer pretty quickly and it's because "SOME OF THE PLAYERS ARE DMER'S".

Just like yesterday, I bought my first gun ever on this server and i didn't use it on anyone or on anything and then i was working at Hawick Ammunition and one of the worker decided to Kidnap another employee of the same store, First of all he was kidnapping someone in the middle of populated area and then wasn't roleplaying properly and when i came out and was rp'ing etc, he just lit me up.

And that's how easily you lose your weapon just cus someone wants to DM-Non-Rp, And yes i know this system could get abused by some of the community members, but still. We should get like 4-5 guns monthly.

Like if we buy a gun then it should block-deny our access to buying more guns within the same day, we will need to wait like 2-4 days to buy another gun.

I know for a fact other guys might've suggested the same thing as me once, but i mean you can feel what i say about DMer's on this server.

Edited by ICarlos
  • mj2002 locked this topic
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• mj2002 unlocked this topic

Indeed, I see that two guns a month is quite low, also the fact that you can only buy pistols and shotties makes it even worse. I'm not saying there should be ARs and SMGs, but the allowed amount should be increased imo, could be two guns every two weeks? Or as you said 4 a month...

Or maybe it should be related to your character activity to avoid farming guns on your characters, eg: if you have 100 hours+ played , you will be allowed to obtain 2 more guns? anyway, I'm hoping we find a better solution for this.

6 hours ago, Howie said:

Indeed, I see that two guns a month is quite low, also the fact that you can only buy pistols and shotties makes it even worse. I'm not saying there should be ARs and SMGs, but the allowed amount should be increased imo, could be two guns every two weeks? Or as you said 4 a month...

Or maybe it should be related to your character activity to avoid farming guns on your characters, eg: if you have 100 hours+ played , you will be allowed to obtain 2 more guns? anyway, I'm hoping we find a better solution for this.

Wise words, i mean i play like 20 hrs in like 2 days 🙂 it's pretty focked up for me like.

The scenario you described is incredibly annoying, but if you felt they were non-roleplaying, you should report it, and if an admin didn't arrive in a timely manner to punish the player and reimburse you, you should seek compensation for the gun via refund requests and report the player in player reports.

While I could be in support of raising the limit, I do think there should be one. My gut feeling says four guns per month, and raise the current ammo allowed by 50% or something, because if I remember, it is pretty high at like 160 already, but with the raised amount of weapons that can be bought, some tweaking could be preferred.

Definitely needs to be limited. There's rich players which have the ability to purchase over 50 glocks, and then just have them stolen out of their house and then we have players with guns all over the server. Sorry but I can't get behind this. Maybe if you lose your gun, THEN allow players to purchase a new one as long as it isn't on the player inventory. Or maybe if there was a firearms training course which would allow you to purchase a few more firearms I could get behind it. I understand this is allowed IRL, although California cities do have very strict policies when it comes to firearms, therefore I couldn't see the portrayal behind anyone owning a bunch of guns as a personal firearms license holder. You'd have to pretty much dedicate your characters portrayal to being a hunter / gun nut, and even then it still would cause a lot of issues. 

200 ammo per month is ridiculous for a legal character. The limit for guns themselves, yeah, sure. Honestly I'd just have no limit and multiply the price if you buy more than two per month. Means you can't sell PF guns because eventually you'll be buying a pistol for 100k and nobody is gonna buy a pistol for that much if ur tryna profit from it

It would be great if you could buy more hunting ammo, imo 2 weapons and 200 ammo for pistol and shotguns is quite enough. If you need that much ammo for your pistol you're doing it wrong. I used my pistol once in the last month and that's it, I also played 150 hours on my character in that month. A lot of people having a PF license go out of their way to look for a situation to use it, having a limit means people are more afraid to die and don't go into stupid situations. And if someone kills you by breaking the rules, just report them and get a refund. Easy as that.

However it would be neat if you could buy more than 200 hunting ammo every month.

Like I can see where you're coming from but I don't agree with the reason. If someone DMs you there's already a system in place to make sure that people are punished and/or compensated for that. It's not a valid reason to change an entire system because of a problem that's been in RP servers forever.